Thread: Interac application questions...

Default Interac application questions...

Hey there

I just started filling out my application to Interac today, and I have a couple of questions.

I've mostly been looking online for guidance on how best to complete it, and most people have mentioned that there are

a) two short essay questions and
    b) that the resume section is 600 characters long.

However, the site says that the application process was given an overhaul in May this year, so what I'm looking at on my screen right now doesn't really match up with what past applicants have talked about; there's a Personal Statement/Cover Letter section of about 2000 characters, and no mention of any essay questions.

So has anyone here applied since the application process changed? And if so, can you tell me if the essay questions still exist? Do they come after you've filled in the resume part? I mostly want to know so that I can tailor what I write in the Cover Letter section, since what I will write there will probably overlap with the "Why do you want to apply for this position?" question, and I don't want to repeat myself too much.

Default Re: Interac application questions...

I don't know about the new system, but it's impossible for your resume to be less than 600 characters, since they want to know your entire pre-college education.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekelly View Post
    I don't know about the new system, but it's impossible for your resume to be less than 600 characters, since they want to know your entire pre-college education.
    Thanks a lot for your swift reply! I understand what you're saying. But there are specific fields for education and career history. I took some screenshots!

Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpg Untitled-4.jpg

(That's not the whole form, obviously. There's still the usual driving licence, language capabilities and whatever other questions.) At the end, I noticed that the submit button says "Submit for consideration", so I'm guessing this is all there is for the online application, and that maybe there are no essay questions anymore. I'm probably going to go ahead and write my cover letter/personal statement as though that's the case (unless anyone says otherwise), anyway.

Oh, I see. That part of the application hasn't changed. I thought you meant when they ask you for your actual resume. Just put something like "blah blah major with honors in blah blah" for those, no need for over-extensive detail.

I think maybe they give you the essay questions after they decide on an in-person interview. I can't really remember when I filled them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.