Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: What actually happens if you break contract?

  1. #41

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    Well it... Sort of does. Familiarity with the typical working environment of a country does help you make informed decisions on the veracity of a story concerning it.

    However, I choose to believe that he was merely judging you by your profile picture, in which you're gravely ill and thus probably delusional.
    I can understand that. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be an ass, but a story like this on the internet of all places is just suspicious to me, that's all. I apologize if I needed qualifications before I could make a statement like that on an Internet forum.

    And as far as the profile pic goes, I know you were just trying to make a snarky remark, but it's from a show called Game of Thrones. In all seriousness, watch it if you get the chance and have your life changed.

  2. #42
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    I can understand that. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be an ass, but a story like this on the internet of all places is just suspicious to me, that's all. I apologize if I needed qualifications before I could make a statement like that on an Internet forum.
    The first post was almost a year ago. That's a rather long time to be running a troll operation.
    ...because Japan.

  3. #43
    Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somewhere deathly quiet
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    No harm no foul - but I've been locked in the office before while the rest of the teachers had a meeting. I was warned about it first and offered the chance to go home, but still... That's why my first question was why.

    It was more affectionate than snarky - if you stick around you'll find that I'm actually really nice, unless you have the word 'toast' in your name. I have never watched game of thrones though, much to the annoyance of a lot of my friends. The closest I've come is the medieval fun time land episode of'bad lip reading'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

  4. #44

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    And as far as the profile pic goes, I know you were just trying to make a snarky remark, but it's from a show called Game of Thrones. In all seriousness, watch it if you get the chance and have your life changed.
    Never heard of that show is it popular in America?

    If you like hard-hitting TV there's an amazing British period drama called Heartbeat you should check out. It's the shiz.

  5. #45
    Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somewhere deathly quiet
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Last of the Summer Wine has some pretty great moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    I'll wait for the American remake.

  7. #47
    Senior Member kurisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    The only show I need in my life is Chibi Maruko-chan.

  8. #48

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    No harm no foul - but I've been locked in the office before while the rest of the teachers had a meeting. I was warned about it first and offered the chance to go home, but still... That's why my first question was why.

    It was more affectionate than snarky - if you stick around you'll find that I'm actually really nice, unless you have the word 'toast' in your name. I have never watched game of thrones though, much to the annoyance of a lot of my friends. The closest I've come is the medieval fun time land episode of'bad lip reading'.
    So far I really like this place so far so I plan on staying. I totally believe you're nice and I know I came off as a douche a bit. I guess one too many fake posts on reddit has made me a suspicious old man.

    And you really really need to check it out. I don't think I've met a person that has watched it and doesn't like it.

    Charisma, yeah it's huge here. Based off a book series called A Song of Ice and Fire. I'll definitely check out Heartbeat also. Trying to download a bunch of stuff before I head over. I plan on setting up a proxy so I can still use my netflix and Amazon prime to keep up with things 😁

    (Sorry for going off topic)

  9. #49

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    So far I really like this place so far so I plan on staying. I totally believe you're nice and I know I came off as a douche a bit. I guess one too many fake posts on reddit has made me a suspicious old man.

    And you really really need to check it out. I don't think I've met a person that has watched it and doesn't like it.

    Charisma, yeah it's huge here. Based off a book series called A Song of Ice and Fire. I'll definitely check out Heartbeat also. Trying to download a bunch of stuff before I head over. I plan on setting up a proxy so I can still use my netflix and Amazon prime to keep up with things 😁

    (Sorry for going off topic)
    Awesome. You should also check out Sharpest Tool In The Shed if you like British TV. It's pretty dark in places but really gets you thinking.
    Last edited by mrcharisma; July 7th, 2014 at 16:07.

  10. #50
    Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somewhere deathly quiet
    Posts
    4,897

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    I can't breathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

  11. #51

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    .
    Last edited by mrcharisma; July 7th, 2014 at 16:09. Reason: double post-delete

  12. #52

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    I can't breathe.
    This thread is making me wish I couldnt either.

  13. #53
    keepin' it real ihatefall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Tokyo
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    I plan on setting up a proxy so I can still use my netflix and Amazon prime to keep up with things

    (Sorry for going off topic)
    FYI: Hola plug in for chrome/ Firefox works great and it's free.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

  14. #54

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    Awesome. You should also check out Sharpest Tool In The Shed if you like British TV. It's pretty dark in places but really gets you thinking.
    I'll check that out too. Anything else you can recommend? I like comedy too. Have you ever heard of a show called The Office? American TV is pretty awesome.

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    One day when I was in University, I was walking some ways behind this girl. She tripped on the pavement, caught herself just before falling, and continued walking. A few steps later, she looked around furtively. Being a polite young man, I avoided her glance, pretending I had seen nothing. But a guy behind me was not so polite, and called out to her, "Yeah, babe, everyone saw you do that just now."

  16. #56
    Comrade therealwindycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Chicago of Japan
    Posts
    3,949

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by kurisu View Post
    The only show I need in my life is Chibi Maruko-chan.
    Crayon Shinchan is way better.

  17. #57
    disobedient avocado Lianwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    INAKA
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    One day when I was in University, I was walking some ways behind this girl. She tripped on the pavement, caught herself just before falling, and continued walking. A few steps later, she looked around furtively. Being a polite young man, I avoided her glance, pretending I had seen nothing. But a guy behind me was not so polite, and called out to her, "Yeah, babe, everyone saw you do that just now."
    I was given the best advice about what to do in this situation. I still follow it to this day.




    But. Throwing in my 2yen for breaking contract. Make sure you do your moving out forms for your town/city if you're still planning to live domestically in Japan. Otherwise your BOE/Town Office may decide to fck around with you and it might screw up your visa renewal #amfindingthisoutthehardway
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

  18. #58

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Lian, what kinds of things did you leave undone?

  19. #59
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,351

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    Just because it's jet stuff? Someone being there right now doesn't make them anymore qualified to know whether or not this person was locked in a closet.

    Not even trying to be an ass, but it's the internet. Sensationalist lies are posted everywhere.

    But if it does happen to be true, I'm glad you're happy cause in the end that's what matters. And my bad for not believing a super seemingly far-fetched story.
    Having seen quite a bit of workplace bullying in my time here, the story doesn't seem far-fetched to me. It may be fake. Some guy may just be bored. But when you're making an assumption based off of no knowledge of the situation you come off as a bit of a turd.

  20. #60

    Default Re: What actually happens if you break contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoobyBoob View Post
    Just because it's jet stuff? Someone being there right now doesn't make them anymore qualified to know whether or not this person was locked in a closet.

    Not even trying to be an ass, but it's the internet. Sensationalist lies are posted everywhere.

    But if it does happen to be true, I'm glad you're happy cause in the end that's what matters. And my bad for not believing a super seemingly far-fetched story.
    "Not trying to be an ass but I'm sorry you're a naive twit who doesn't agree with me"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •