Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of regular posters who are available to edit SOPs - read OP

Default re: List of regular posters who are available to edit SOPs - read OP

I'm really happy at the response this has gotten! I've read quite a few SoPs so far and it looks like quite a few other posters have as well.

One thing that has surprised me is that, contrary to a lot of the applications I've seen in previous years, this group of applicants all seem to have pretty strong ties to English and education. Last year I saw a few SoPs that didn't make much mention of why the applicant would be a good educator/gave the impression that the applicant didn't care about teaching except as a reason to get to Japan.
    Last edited by therealwindycity; November 13th, 2013 at 09:26.

Hi are there any UK JET people still willing to read SOPs? I only just finished a rough draught of mine and would appreciate any kind of input.

Oops, a little late to the game here! Another willing JET for reading SOPs. I ain't gonna sugar coat shit though, so make sure it's up to snuff and steer clear if you bruise easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Japanna View Post
    Oops, a little late to the game here! Another willing JET for reading SOPs. I ain't gonna sugar coat shit though, so make sure it's up to snuff and steer clear if you bruise easily.
    I'd happily get the full truth about mine if you are willing to look over it. To be fair I know it needs improvements as I was using the hour between waking up and going to work to write it the last couple of weeks so it might be a little incoherent.

Does anyone want to crucify my personal statement? I'm a UK applicant.

please will someone read mine? Do I email it to whoever or...?

OP updated with list of posters and general advice

Default Re: List of regular posters who are available to edit SOPs - read OP

Protip: Please do not send me SOPs expecting me to say it's perfect or amazing and get mad when I point out what's wrong with it. Just take the criticism and decided whether to use it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    Protip: Please do not send me SOPs expecting me to say it's perfect or amazing and get mad when I point out what's wrong with it. Just take the criticism and decided whether to use it or not.
    I like imagining your avatar saying this sentence.

So, do I just PM my SOP to someone? I need someone who is brutally honest though. No sugarcoating please. Your not gonna offend me, at least I won't say anything if ya do. So, anyone willing and able to look over mine?
    I want a giant robot.....

Sure, PM me

Has anyone made any progress on reading my SOP? I am not trying to be pushy, just curious...

Sorry for the delay - I got a bunch of SoPs in the last few days but it was my school's culture festival and staff trip so I didn't really have time to read them through properly. Going to get to them today

No worries, I appreciate you looking through them at all. I sent that before seeing the extension on the app deadline email. So, really there is no rush. Do it as you can.

Hey guys, another UK applicant here. I've finally made enough revisions of my SoP to have it looked over by someone. Is it possible for anyone to have a look at it?

People are more than welcome to destroy it if need be as long as I get an honest opinion!

Sorry i havent gotten back with a few of u but ive been rly busy as of late. Ill get them done tonight

Sent from my SCL22 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who looked over my SOP!