Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
    Hey thanks!
    I was interviewed on the 20th in the morning.
    What time, Kaizan? I don't think I heard about anyone having an interview any earlier than twelve, I wonder when the earliest interview was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

Around 10ish. There were people before me so I'm guessing interviews can go early as 9 am. But I'm not entirely sure

Cool! Maybe I ran into you, Kaizen. Mine was at 9:45am, but the person ahead of me didn't show up so I went in early.

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in Vancouver two weeks ago. I believe it went okay....*cross fingers*

The interviewer said I will hear back in mid-April. Does anyone know when in mid-April?

My advice, try and get as far away from anything JET releated for the entire month of March. I heard back on the 9th of April and that was really early. Some don't hear back until the end of April.
    You won't hear anything in March and nothing is going to change in March. Don't torture yourself forget about JET, focus on your back up plans, or your current life.

From what I've seen on blogs and such, its usually between the first and third weeks. I'd guess probably the week of the 13th.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nostos View Post
    From what I've seen on blogs and such, its usually between the first and third weeks. I'd guess probably the week of the 13th.
    It's entirely dependent on the year, and they aren't on a particularly rushed schedule.

Like AVN said, relax, work on plan B, C, D, and avoid JET entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I'm shortlisted for Early Departure!!!! So happy!!! Got an email from the Toronto Consulate 5 hours ago!!

I'm shortlisted for Early Departure!!!! So happy!!! Got an email from the Toronto Consulate 5 hours ago!!
    Congrats! That's so awesome!

Congrats!
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I know a town looking for an Early Departure I wonder where you're going.

Congrats! Keep us posted on where you end up

Congratulations!

BTW, I just thought I'd let you guys know I found my old notification and the Vancouver consulate let me know on April 13th about my interview results.

Congratulations. I wonder where you got placed...

If anyone else job hunting while waiting for JET? I am about to graduate from university, so I have a few back-up plans in case JET doesn't work out. However, I am feeling a bit conflicted because what if I land a job before I hear from JET? Should I accept it.......or should I bank on JET and make plans after the results are out?

Quote Originally Posted by lil View Post
    If anyone else job hunting while waiting for JET? I am about to graduate from university, so I have a few back-up plans in case JET doesn't work out. However, I am feeling a bit conflicted because what if I land a job before I hear from JET? Should I accept it.......or should I bank on JET and make plans after the results are out?
    Personally, I would apply to places now. If you find out that you've been shortlisted, great, go with JET. If you get placed as an Alternate, go forth with the other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdes23 View Post
    Personally, I would apply to places now. If you find out that you've been shortlisted, great, go with JET. If you get placed as an Alternate, go forth with the other plans.
    Thanks! I am so stressed out right now with planning..... @__@ Hope JET responds soon....

Thanks! I am so stressed out right now with planning..... @__@ Hope JET responds soon....
    Hah. Get comfortable.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Well you still have anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before you find out.
    If Japan is where you want to go, then start practicing Japanese at the very least. I'd recommend finding at least 1 or two alternative options given that you don't make it/are placed as an alternate.

AND don't ever become one of those people that ride on to their Alternate status until December, only to find out that they never made it. Such a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdes23 View Post
    Well you still have anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before you find out.
    If Japan is where you want to go, then start practicing Japanese at the very least. I'd recommend finding at least 1 or two alternative options given that you don't make it/are placed as an alternate.

AND don't ever become one of those people that ride on to their Alternate status until December, only to find out that they never made it. Such a waste of time.
    Wait....it's possible to be an alternate until December?!