Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 206

Thread: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

  1. #81
    Perpetually confused. johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by landgoat View Post
    Does anyone know if the Canadian JET Programme typically emails results?
    Vancouver does anyway. I never received a phone call from Jet. I had only received emails for general communication. I can only remember receiving one package or letter from Jet too.

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by landgoat View Post
    Does anyone know if the Canadian JET Programme typically emails results?
    Montreal e-mailed ours last year!

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    As far as I know as of the 2010 intake positive results have been sent by email.

  4. #84
    keepin' it real ihatefall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Tokyo
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    After 2 years, I left with around $18K USD in my account before the pension refund. Most was saved the 1st year, the 2nd year I traveled a lot and bought a lot of bike frames.
    If you budget so should be able to save 30-60% of your pay. The first year I made it my objective to save 50%.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    I was worried I prematurely registered for this forum, only to ask one question, however notifications are indeed sent out by email!
    Just found out this morning that I'm on the short list. (For reference, my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet, not sure if results are sent out alphabetically, but they are going out now!)

  6. #86

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by landgoat View Post
    I was worried I prematurely registered for this forum, only to ask one question, however notifications are indeed sent out by email!
    Just found out this morning that I'm on the short list. (For reference, my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet, not sure if results are sent out alphabetically, but they are going out now!)
    Oh god. What consulate?

  7. #87

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Toronto results are in, I am an alternate. Congratulations to all those who were shortlisted, surely there was a mistake at the embassy and they accidentally mixed up our paperwork. Good luck to all other alternates, I hope there are enough spots for all of you after I take the first alternate position offered.

    P.S. I am just kidding, I extend my genuine congratulations to those who made the first cut. You guys are rock stars. As for the other alternates, all we can do is embrace the uncertainty and hope for the best (while securing a backup option). Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenka View Post
    Oh god. What consulate?
    Toronto!

  9. #89

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by landgoat View Post
    Toronto!
    *Tries not to pass out* I'm in ye ol tiny Halifax consulate. I have a feeling we'll be last...

  10. #90

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenka View Post
    *Tries not to pass out* I'm in ye ol tiny Halifax consulate. I have a feeling we'll be last...
    There are three people in your province. I don't see why you weren't first...
    Last edited by spman2099; April 4th, 2014 at 00:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by spman2099 View Post
    There are three people in your province. I don't see why you weren't first...
    They forgot about our existence?

  12. #92

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Hi everyone!

    I've been a lurker here for a few months, and I just got the e-mail from the embassy saying I got short-listed, so I made an account! Unfortunately, my fiancé applied with me and he didn't get it, so now we have to figure out what our options are.

    Congratulations to everyone, and nice to meet you all!

  13. #93

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimathen View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I've been a lurker here for a few months, and I just got the e-mail from the embassy saying I got short-listed, so I made an account! Unfortunately, my fiancé applied with me and he didn't get it, so now we have to figure out what our options are.

    Congratulations to everyone, and nice to meet you all!
    That... is a tough one. That being said, congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimathen View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I've been a lurker here for a few months, and I just got the e-mail from the embassy saying I got short-listed, so I made an account! Unfortunately, my fiancé applied with me and he didn't get it, so now we have to figure out what our options are.

    Congratulations to everyone, and nice to meet you all!
    Depends. If you're from Miami then by all means decline . I'm not saying that because I want your spot... Of course not!!

    All joking aside though... Tough decision. I have no helpful advice for you because that isn't my predicament...
    Last edited by itsabird; April 4th, 2014 at 00:30.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

  15. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Toronto was sent out this morning @10am.
    Was shortlisted as well.
    Last edited by STVNLM; April 4th, 2014 at 00:43.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Some tears of elation, anxiety, and straight up fear later I've been short listed from Halifax.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Congratulations! I'm looking forward to meeting people at orientation. Now to get on all this new paperwork!

  18. #98

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by landgoat View Post
    Congratulations! I'm looking forward to meeting people at orientation. Now to get on all this new paperwork!
    Did you get an attachment with the email? Or does the reply form come in the mail?

  19. #99

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenka View Post
    Did you get an attachment with the email? Or does the reply form come in the mail?
    There's a link to the reply form in the e-mail.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimathen View Post
    There's a link to the reply form in the e-mail.
    Well don't I feel stupid for not reading past the signature. xD Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •