Thread: JET 2014 Online Application form question

Default JET 2014 Online Application form question

So I've taken a look at the Australian application form that is now online. Although I don't intend on filling or submitting the form(As I'm from the UK), I'm wondering; how exactly do we supposed to fill out the form online? I tried clicking on the form and typing but nothing would appear. I should mention, I'm a complete newb with computers.
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: JET 2014 Online Application form question

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Embassy's JET application page
    Please print and complete application forms, and send them in ONE envelope together.
    It's not meant to be filled out online.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Some countries offer online applications, some do not. Australia is apparently one of the ones that does not. I suspect the "This on-line application form is made available..." line is either copypasta'd from standard JET blurb, or the embassy thinking "online" means "you don't have to phone up and have one posted to you".
    ...because Japan.

When I applied, The UK online application form isn't a print out thing, it's a form you fill out in a browser that generates a PDF you print and mail with the rest of the application.

Don't fill out the Australian form in advance. The questions will be largely similar, but it'll be a slightly different format.
    Last edited by MJN; October 8th, 2013 at 12:19.
    I thought it was time to use a sig

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

The Canadian application when I did it in 2011 was online. We filled out the entire application online, then printed it off. The printout was important because we had to SIGN the printout and mail it in. The computer part just made it easier for them when they are checking things off in their database of applicants.

I would recommend holding out until the application process itself goes live, as it will vary from country to country.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post
    I should mention, I'm a complete newb with computers.

You'll fit right in in Japan. I don't think newb even begins to describe many of my coworkers :P
    Last edited by Gizmotech; October 8th, 2013 at 12:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Thank you for the response guys(and girls if there are any), I was starting to worry that I needed new PDF editing software or something.
    So when the the UK form goes live, I'll be able to edit it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post

You'll fit right in in Japan. I don't think newb even begins to describe many of my coworkers :P
    Really? Japanese people are NOT good with technology?!??! I kid I kid...

Nah, they're absolutely brilliant! So brilliant, common sense evades them when they can't open a particular program... *thinks of coworker next to her*
    いいみで