Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FBI Criminal History Summary/Certificate of Health

Default Re: FBI Criminal History Summary/Certificate of Health

How early do you guys recommend submitting the request for the FBI check?

And a few questions about the Certificate of Health, which I'm assuming is exactly the same as the one ED applicants had to submit:
    What gets written in for the question about eyesight? Something like 20/20 or 0.00? (Am I going to have to get an updated prescription? Had my last eye exam about 5 years ago...) Or are a general check-up visit and urinalysis the only things that we'll need?
    Also, the website says "It must be completed and signed by a licensed physician with knowledge of your medical history" but any old (new) MD I find will do, right? There's nothing at all significant in my history anyway and the only physician with my records is probably my pediatrician whom I haven't seen in 5 or so years.

Edit: one more thing - how many photos do you have to submit for the visa? My current plan is just to get a set of 4 for the interview, passport, and visa.
    Last edited by epikzwei; February 1st, 2014 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by epikzwei View Post
    How early do you guys recommend submitting the request for the FBI check?

And a few questions about the Certificate of Health, which I'm assuming is exactly the same as the one ED applicants had to submit:
    What gets written in for the question about eyesight? Something like 20/20 or 0.00? (Am I going to have to get an updated prescription? Had my last eye exam about 5 years ago...) Or are a general check-up visit and urinalysis the only things that we'll need?
    Also, the website says "It must be completed and signed by a licensed physician with knowledge of your medical history" but any old (new) MD I find will do, right? There's nothing at all significant in my history anyway and the only physician with my records is probably my pediatrician whom I haven't seen in 5 or so years.

Edit: one more thing - how many photos do you have to submit for the visa? My current plan is just to get a set of 4 for the interview, passport, and visa.
    "How early do you guys recommend submitting the request for the FBI check?"

Just as long as you hand it in by the deadline you'll be fine. Your consulate or embassy will notify you of the deadlines. If in the (very) odd and inconvenient instance that they don't tell you the deadlines, call them.

"What get's written in the question about eyesight"

If I remember correctly, it's 20/20, 18/20, etc.

"...a general check-up visit and urinalysis the only things that we need?"

You typically get the eye test with the check-up (at least I did). JET also asks that you get a urinalysis and a tuberculosis test. The urinalysis is usually pretty quick, but the tuberculosis test can take up to 2 or 3 weeks- so get it soon. Every year there are applicant who don't hand these documents in on time and get disqualified.

"It must be completed and signed by a licensed physician with knowledge of your medical history"

Any doctor will do.

"how many photos do you have to submit for the visa?"

I think in the end you'll need a total of 3 (iirc).
    Last edited by Kdes23; February 3rd, 2014 at 08:43.

Thanks for your answers! I vaguely remember someone recommending getting the FBI check done before you even know if you're shortlisted, as it can take a while. I'd always gotten a TB test at my annual visits to my pediatrician, so I thought that was included in a primary care visit, but I guess that may not be the case. :P Things to consider when I finally buy health insurance....

When do we have to send it in? And where do we send it in?

Yeah, I would suggest getting an early start, because getting the paperwork can take a month or so. I planned on applying for early departure, but I waited too long and now I think I'll end up being moved to August departure (dumb on my part, but at the same time the website said I had an extra week and then they moved the date up).
    Last edited by nostos; February 9th, 2014 at 05:59.