Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2014 U.S. Application Questions

Default Re: 2014 U.S. Application Questions

You can sign them all. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by epikzwei View Post
    Yeah, that's annoying. -__- I hate this stupid app. It cuts off the names of all my employers too. Why specify a character limit when you won't even allow that much to be visible?
    This was an issue with the application the year I applied - apparently whatever looks "cut off" still shows for them on their side, even if it doesn't when you print the application. My year was told that was okay. I can't find the post anymore, because official locked the forum from being viewed, but I would call the consulate. You might be doing all this extra work and putting time into "formatting" when you don't need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

I apologize if this was already answered... In the contact info section it says "If your current address is the same as your permanent address, please indicate “Yes” and leave the current mailing address section blank." but then when I save it, it gets filled in automatically. Is it supposed to do that?!

Quote Originally Posted by moshimoshi View Post
    I apologize if this was already answered... In the contact info section it says "If your current address is the same as your permanent address, please indicate “Yes” and leave the current mailing address section blank." but then when I save it, it gets filled in automatically. Is it supposed to do that?!
    That happened to me too. I think the check box is just an indicator for screeners to pay attention to that section. It's probably not a big deal.

thanks, doll!

I think this question has been asked before but I don't think it was actually answered. When submitting a separate page for additional information, do we include it with the particular section it pertains to? Or do we leave it at the end of the application?

Quick question:

my FBI summary doesn't seem like it's going to come in by the time I am ready to mail my app. I know it says that if I mail it in by january 15th, I'll be able to still apply for early departure, but do I mail this WITH my certificate of health? Or can I mail it separately? Also, I think I am supposed to mail it to the JET office in DC. That's correct, right? Or am I mailing to the place I selected to be interviewed at?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Please contact your local coordinator about this. If you are applying for ED, there are slightly different rules for submitting documentation, which are not necessarily clear on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I would call and ask. There's probably a backlog anyway from the shutdown, so maybe the consulate will take that into account and accept it after you app.

Hi everyone! Two quick questions. My transcript doesn't include classes I'm currently enrolled in but the application information stresses that all classes need to be included. Should I include an official letter from my registrar's office stating the classes I'm currently enrolled in? Also, the letter stating my current enrollment status and graduation date has a big stamp that says "Unlawful to release to a third party"... should I be worried about that?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    Hi everyone! Two quick questions. My transcript doesn't include classes I'm currently enrolled in but the application information stresses that all classes need to be included. Should I include an official letter from my registrar's office stating the classes I'm currently enrolled in? Also, the letter stating my current enrollment status and graduation date has a big stamp that says "Unlawful to release to a third party"... should I be worried about that?
    The letter from the registrars is what they use for those classes that you aren't registered for. It's the proof that you will graduate, and when you do you will have to resubmit transcripts and proof of diploma anyways, so don't worry about it.

Also that stamp is meant for the embassy not to release that information to another party other than you, the university, or themselves. I know it's kinda strange but technically you are not actually a party in the discussion of third party as the university is representing your behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    The letter from the registrars is what they use for those classes that you aren't registered for. It's the proof that you will graduate, and when you do you will have to resubmit transcripts and proof of diploma anyways, so don't worry about it.

Also that stamp is meant for the embassy not to release that information to another party other than you, the university, or themselves. I know it's kinda strange but technically you are not actually a party in the discussion of third party as the university is representing your behalf.
    Thanks for the reply! I'm enrolled in 3 Japanese courses this semester so I included those in the section of the application about Japanese courses you've taken. I wasn't sure if that would be fishy since they won't be listed on my actual transcript. I'm finishing everything pretty last-minute so I'm going crazy over details right now haha

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all your help! Just mailed out my application today. I really hope I didn't forget anything....
    Also, sorry for having been an annoying presence. :P

FYI: Deadline extended to December 3rd. Just got the email a minute ago.

paperclips. are you using a total of 3?! or are you paper clipping each document that is multiple pages+ 3 to hold the packets together?!!!

In the Checklist and Mailing info PDF (http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/JET/pd...iling_Info.pdf), it says to use one paperclip for each set so that's what I did. (Luckily, had some nice 2-inch paperclips). I didn't staple or paperclip anything else, not even my SoP.