Thread: Physician's Form

Default Physician's Form

So, even if I don't have any medical conditions do I still need to get a Physician's Form filled out? I am hoping for Early departure, does that change things?
    I want a giant robot.....

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Physician's Form

Quote Originally Posted by MinisterDM View Post
    So, even if I don't have any medical conditions do I still need to get a Physician's Form filled out? I am hoping for Early departure, does that change things?
    Yes, your physical form is more than just medical conditions, but also your doctor saying you're not gonna die tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks!
    I want a giant robot.....

I think the early departure means that the medical form must be submitted with the application, right?

So for those of you who've gone through the applications process, did you submit a physician's form with your initial application?

And especially from those of you who didn't submit a form with your initial app, did you indeed have any illnesses to date at that time?

As I understand it, if you put ANYTHING in the medical conditions/history boxes on the app form you need to get your doctor to sign a declaration.

I have no long term health issues, but ive broken a rib and my left hand in the past 5 years, so I got my doc to sign the form.

I guess technically i could have just not mentioned any of that and submitted the app without it, but since my GP is a 2 min walk away and I dont need an appointment, i got the form done anyway.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

All my medical health issue boxes I put as N/A. This feels a bit weird and wrong though. I've had medical issues but not since i was about 7 years old and they where only brief. I'm now 29 and I'm unsure really if I need to mention it.
    Last edited by Aurano; November 2nd, 2013 at 06:58.

Check the forms and docs carefully. If i remember correctly, it asks if you had any conditions within a certain time period.
    If you made it to 29 without ever having visited a doctor then you may well have some kind of super power. you should go get that checked.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Last time I remember going the doctors I had some weird lump under one of my nipples, but it turned out to be some common growth hormone called Joggers Nipple. Haha!

Do I really have to put trivial stuff that turns out to be nothing down? Maybe I should just to be safer than sorry.

This is why I was hoping some current/former JETs could chime in.

If you do exactly as the instructions say, you're essentially required to have the doc sign off on your form for the initial app. Any testimonials would be much appreciated.

I would ask your doctor's opinion on whether or not it should be included. If your doctor feels that it doesn't need to be mentioned then I wouldn't worry about it

Well in my case and I think the average applicant's, I've been to the doctor for something at least ONCE in my life. I understand some might be afraid of getting blamed if they mentioned they got away with omitting anything on their initial app and someone's application gets flagged this cycle, but in either case I think some testimonials would put me at ease while I'm tracking down the physician I saw some 10 years ago.

As I understand it, we'll have to get a full evaluation if we're short-listed anyways, so its more a matter of putting off that extra time and expense for if we become one of the lucky ones.

My question is really 'Do we have to put doctor visits down if it turns out to be nothing and you are perfectly fine and healthy?'

I've been the doctors a few times, but it's always turned out to be nothing. Besides that the only times I've been sick is when I've had a cold or something equally as irrelevant.

No. They do not care about routine visits. They care about things like "Mental instability, broken bones, re-occurring medical conditions"

We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

OK, thanks Gizmo.

But for the visits to the doctor that resulted in something (strep throat, for example) and they prescribed something, we would have to do the form, correct? I feel silly asking but better safe than sorry, I guess. Plus it might save me a call to the embassy...

I suppose you could but I don't see the point. It's not going to reoccur or be an issue in the future.

Just talked to the US Embassy about this. I'm told if you haven't had a serious or ongoing condition, you don't need to get the physician's form and should select N/A on the self-assessment. This doesn't apply for ED applicants as they'll need to get the Cert. of Health and get checked up whether or not they get past the interview stage.
    Last edited by Corvus; November 5th, 2013 at 09:59.