Thread: Interac Couples Placement?

Default Interac Couples Placement?

My boyfriend and I are both applying to Interac and are at the in-person seminar stage now.
    We live 3.5 hours from each other now so it's not like distance would be a total pain, although ideally we would be in closer proximity than we are now. We have both told them that we are open about placement. My interviewer said that he can't make promises but I suppose that it's just to prevent people from coming after them if they don't keep their promises which I understand.
    I think JET does some couples accommodations but I don't see much about Interac.
    Does anyone have experience with this?

Default Re: Interac Couples Placement?

I've heard that JET does not consider couples' placement requests unless they are married, but on the other hand I've also heard that on this year's application there's a section for filling in the names of friends you'd like to be placed near.
    I don't know about interac either, but I imagine if you told them you are both willing to be placed in the rural countryside, they'd be more likely to grant the request to be close together since people aren't exactly fighting over those placements?
    Good luck with both your interview and your placement!

Interac isn't always BFI like JET. Their idea of rural is a place like Shimotsuma.

I think they favor couples that are actually married rather than bf/gf, because there'd be a hell of a lot of work involved if you shared a place and split up mid contract. Close is technically possible, but remember what Japan considers "commuting distance".
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

We both went to the seminar/in-person interview and the recruiter said it was good that we told her we are dating because she had people who were dating before that actually ended up living together because she put in a note. I don't really need to be that close or to live together, but as long as it doesn't burn a hole in my wallet for a weekend visit, that's more than okay with me. She seemed to say it's definitely possible but obviously no promises. It was a much more positive response than I was expecting, actually.

Wow that's awesome! Good luck! I hope you both get in and get placed together or at least near each other!
    By the way, did you interview with Melody in NJ? I interviewed with her last month and got the job offer a little less than 2 weeks later. She was SO nice and made the interview process very easy and low-stress. I hope you hear back soon too

Quote Originally Posted by tobenaitori View Post
    Wow that's awesome! Good luck! I hope you both get in and get placed together or at least near each other!
    By the way, did you interview with Melody in NJ? I interviewed with her last month and got the job offer a little less than 2 weeks later. She was SO nice and made the interview process very easy and low-stress. I hope you hear back soon too
    Yeah! It was just this past weekend and it went really well and was rather low-stress for a situation like this. I'm still waiting on one of my references, I think and I sent my documents last week so HOPEFULLY they will confirm with me that those are okay soon.