Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Nah there is one for 2014 applicants. It's a mixture though same as here. I think there are a lot more visible UK applicants here tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    The only UK Facebook group I know of is for the 2013 intake that actually went to Japan. But I like your thinking Shiro...
    Hehee, thanks

I saw the 2014 closed group before the applications started but was never sure about joining them. I prefer it here to be fair. You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Last edited by Shiro_Kuma; February 2nd, 2014 at 19:53.

UK applicant checking in here. I've heard neither sight nor sound about any interviews, nothing over email or in the post. Am I boned?

Technically there are about two weeks left in the interview period if things are similar to last year, so you may hear about your interview tomorrow morning through e-mail? Although you are right in thinking time is running out to hear back.

I'd hazard a guess of at least one more week of ALT notifications going out. All depends on how much time etc. they dedicate to the CIR applicants.

And yeah, I knew there was a general one, but I was just referring to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Kuma View Post
    You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Yeah, a lot of us are just stand-up assholes

Thanks for the replies. I was a successful applicant a few years ago, and it didn't take this long to hear about interviews. I guess I should prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyHorseDancer View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was a successful applicant a few years ago, and it didn't take this long to hear about interviews. I guess I should prepare for the worst.
    Out of curiosity, do you mean to the interview stage, or did you actually go to Japan?

Out of curiosity, do you mean to the interview stage, or did you actually go to Japan?
    I went out to Japan. Unfortunately after about a year I got sick and had to come back to the UK for treatment and surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Kuma View Post
    I saw the 2014 closed group before the applications started but was never sure about joining them...You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Good call, I had to leave the general facebook group. To be fair I joined looking for lulz from some obsessed, college senior weeaboo but instead found a hive of current JETs stroking about being on JET and, even sadder, obsessed 30 year olds.

As it stands, I'm making travel arrangements to take care of everything I gotta do in my 2 weeks back in the states. Doctor visits, pick up my W2, get finger prints done, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dstin View Post
    a hive of current JETs stroking about being on JET and, even sadder, obsessed 30 year olds.
    Is that not what this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    That's exactly what this is, only we're smart enough not to do it with our real names and faces attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    Worse, 30 year olds stroking to the tears of JET obsessed 20 year olds that don't get in.

And laughing at fatties, don't forget that
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I'd hazard a guess of at least one more week of ALT notifications going out. All depends on how much time etc. they dedicate to the CIR applicants.

And yeah, I knew there was a general one, but I was just referring to the UK.

Yeah, a lot of us are just stand-up assholes
    That may be so, but none the less you are super chill dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    That's exactly what this is, only we're smart enough not to do it with our real names and faces attached.
    This... so much this.