Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 481 to 494 of 494

Thread: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

  1. #481

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Nah there is one for 2014 applicants. It's a mixture though same as here. I think there are a lot more visible UK applicants here tbh

  2. #482

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    The only UK Facebook group I know of is for the 2013 intake that actually went to Japan. But I like your thinking Shiro...
    Hehee, thanks

    I saw the 2014 closed group before the applications started but was never sure about joining them. I prefer it here to be fair. You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Last edited by Shiro_Kuma; February 2nd, 2014 at 19:53.

  3. #483

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    UK applicant checking in here. I've heard neither sight nor sound about any interviews, nothing over email or in the post. Am I boned?

  4. #484

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Technically there are about two weeks left in the interview period if things are similar to last year, so you may hear about your interview tomorrow morning through e-mail? Although you are right in thinking time is running out to hear back.

  5. #485

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    I'd hazard a guess of at least one more week of ALT notifications going out. All depends on how much time etc. they dedicate to the CIR applicants.

    And yeah, I knew there was a general one, but I was just referring to the UK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Kuma View Post
    You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Yeah, a lot of us are just stand-up assholes

  6. #486

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Thanks for the replies. I was a successful applicant a few years ago, and it didn't take this long to hear about interviews. I guess I should prepare for the worst.

  7. #487

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyHorseDancer View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was a successful applicant a few years ago, and it didn't take this long to hear about interviews. I guess I should prepare for the worst.
    Out of curiosity, do you mean to the interview stage, or did you actually go to Japan?

  8. #488

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you mean to the interview stage, or did you actually go to Japan?
    I went out to Japan. Unfortunately after about a year I got sick and had to come back to the UK for treatment and surgery.

  9. #489
    Senior Member dstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Side 3, L2
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Kuma View Post
    I saw the 2014 closed group before the applications started but was never sure about joining them...You guys have my kind of humour/honesty ❤
    Good call, I had to leave the general facebook group. To be fair I joined looking for lulz from some obsessed, college senior weeaboo but instead found a hive of current JETs stroking about being on JET and, even sadder, obsessed 30 year olds.

    As it stands, I'm making travel arrangements to take care of everything I gotta do in my 2 weeks back in the states. Doctor visits, pick up my W2, get finger prints done, etc.

  10. #490
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by dstin View Post
    a hive of current JETs stroking about being on JET and, even sadder, obsessed 30 year olds.
    Is that not what this is?

  11. #491

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    Is that not what this is?
    That's exactly what this is, only we're smart enough not to do it with our real names and faces attached.

  12. #492
    Senior Member dstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Side 3, L2
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    Is that not what this is?
    Worse, 30 year olds stroking to the tears of JET obsessed 20 year olds that don't get in.

  13. #493
    Billy Big Bollocks Ini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    28,772

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    And laughing at fatties, don't forget that
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

  14. #494

    Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    I'd hazard a guess of at least one more week of ALT notifications going out. All depends on how much time etc. they dedicate to the CIR applicants.

    And yeah, I knew there was a general one, but I was just referring to the UK.



    Yeah, a lot of us are just stand-up assholes
    That may be so, but none the less you are super chill dudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    That's exactly what this is, only we're smart enough not to do it with our real names and faces attached.
    This... so much this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •