Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Quote Originally Posted by dlbman22 View Post
    What's an SASE?
    Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope

Atlanta, received and signed for on Dec 3rd, not yet. I did a little digging on the JET website and found a blurb that said if you haven't received confirmation, to wait until after January 10th to contact them about it. Presumably mail is a little slow this time of year, and they just want to give it some breathing room so they don't have lots of people calling in with this problem. That being said, the delay is making me a bit nervous.

Jet website clearly states that application "must be received by the JET Office at the Embassy of Japan in Washington, DC."

I don't think they were saying that they sent their packet to Atlanta, rather that they're applying through the Atlanta consulate (to go with the earlier posted format).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by kbui View Post
    So I haven't received my SASE either, but my UPS tracking information said it was signed by SMITH at the embassy. I hope we receive our cards soon because I think if not it may be a foreshadow of an impending rejection due to disqualification. Can people continue posting up:

Which embassy they applied to:
    When they mailed in their physical application:
    If they've received their SASE back, and if so, when:

For me,
    Chicago
    Dec. 2nd, received by embassy
    Not yet
    I hope you aren't confusing CONSULATE and EMBASSY. There is only the one embassy in Washington, DC for U.S. applicants (unless you are abroad, etc.).

As long as that isn't the case, I wouldn't worry overly much. Mail is indeed slow this time of year, on top of the fact that you got your application in on the final few days of the open period; which means that yours is most likely just one of thousands that they have to wade through. My confirmation from the USPS was for Dec. 2nd and I just received my SASE a couple days ago (Dec. 30). It may be tough, but hang in there.
    Last edited by Jurassyk; January 3rd, 2014 at 23:11.

I mailed in my application on November 12th. And I received my SASE on November 18th.

Just to add, getting your SASE is NOT an indication that your application is complete. Not getting a SASE is not an indication that you were disqualified. Every single person whose application was received by the embassy should get a SASE back, even if they sent in a piece of paper that says JET Application followed by a drawing of poop.

I sent my application to Washington on Friday November 29th & it was received Saturday the 30th. I got my SASE back about a week before Christmas (I don't know which day exactly but I didn't even open it until a few days ago). Last year when the deadline was a week earlier, I didn't get my SASE back until right after Christmas AND that year I had sent it in about 10 days ahead of the due date (as opposed to 3 days ahead this year). I would wait and then call at the end of next week or send your coordinator an e-mail. If whatever tracking site says it's been delivered you should be fine. Relax, breathe, enjoy 2014.
    I came here to laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassyk View Post
    I hope you aren't confusing CONSULATE and EMBASSY. There is only the one embassy in Washington, DC for U.S. applicants (unless you are abroad, etc.).

As long as that isn't the case, I wouldn't worry overly much. Mail is indeed slow this time of year, on top of the fact that you got your application in on the final few days of the open period; which means that yours is most likely just one of thousands that they have to wade through. My confirmation from the USPS was for Dec. 2nd and I just received my SASE a couple days ago (Dec. 30). It may be tough, but hang in there.
    Ah, yes, my mistake. I actually meant your interviewing location and not destination of the application.

And thanks for the dates. It makes me feel a lot better since you've JUST received your SASE. I'll be combing through my mail in the coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Just to add, getting your SASE is NOT an indication that your application is complete. Not getting a SASE is not an indication that you were disqualified. Every single person whose application was received by the embassy should get a SASE back, even if they sent in a piece of paper that says JET Application followed by a drawing of poop.
    Interesting. I was under the impression that if it was COMPLETE, THEN they'll send you the SASE. Either way, receiving my SASE will still help calm down my poor nerves.

Can I just say its January, so good luck everyone with getting an interview. I really doubt I'll get one, but it was nice to be a part of the application community while it lasted!

Applying from Melbourne, sent my application to Canberra on 25 November which was received on the 29th. SASE was postmarked on the 29th and I got it back the following week.

Your SASE is probably delayed due to the holiday period. Hope you get it back soon.

Like Aurano says, good luck scoring an interview everyone!

I got my SASE on the 3rd of December. Is it me, or was there a handful of us on ITIL that stuck it out and got our apps in this year? It would be cool if we all made it in. But I have a feeling we'd go Hunger Games on each other in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself

I called a few days ago because I hadn't received my SASE and was told they still had hundreds of applications to process from the last couple days before the deadline. My application was delivered on Dec. 2nd so that made me feel better. I finally got it in the mail yesterday so if you're still waiting I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    I called a few days ago because I hadn't received my SASE and was told they still had hundreds of applications to process from the last couple days before the deadline.
    And I'm sure they just love having people call in all the time with these questions when they have hundreds of applications left.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

It's not like I called every week. A month is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    It's not like I called every week. A month is reasonable.
    I agree. Calling shouldn't be a crime, especially from people who are truly passionate and excited for the opportunity.

Anyways, thank you for calling them. I see that people are getting their letters soon, so I hope that when I get home it'll be the same story for me!

It took forever for my SASE to arrive, but I knew my application had been signed for at the embassy so I didn't worry about it. My application arrived in DC on Dec. 2nd and I received my SASE around Dec. 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    Jet website clearly states that application "must be received by the JET Office at the Embassy of Japan in Washington, DC."
    Thanks, but I'm aware of that. I sent my application to the Embassy in D.C., so no worries on my end.

I'm so excited from the prospect of leaving to Japan in July/August!!! That would be an awesome experience. I'm just imagining it now... teaching in a school classroom full of excited students, creating games and music to help engage them.