Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Quote Originally Posted by Nell View Post
    Yep, I got it like an hour ago. I am pretty nervous although reaaaally glad I didn't have to wait an excruciating amount of time to find out if I'd got one or not :P
    Congratulations!

Do you mind telling us:
    1. What country are you from
    2. When your application arrived at your nation's embassy
    3. Which consulate are you applying to
    4. How does the email look like

Last edited by kbui; January 8th, 2014 at 01:03.

I think Nell is from the UK.
    Nell: I also wanted to ask when you sent in your application though...

Jamie Solo: Thanks, I've seen their twitter feed, I feel slightly less worried now lol
    Last edited by PaddyPakku; January 8th, 2014 at 00:54.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post

Jamie Solo: Thanks, I've seen their twitter feed, I feel slightly less worried now lol
    Thanks, PaddyPakky! I've edited my post/questions to be relevant for people outside the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by kbui View Post
    How does the email look like

Future English Teacher everyone!
    tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Sent mine 25th November but I have no idea how much that matters as it wasn't even that early.

Congratulations!

Do you mind telling us:
    1. When your application arrived in D.C.
    2. Which consulate are you applying to
    3. How does the email look like

Thank you!
    Well from a UK perspective, I sent my app to London on 25th November and got my postcard on 28th (not that this really matters but anyway).
    And the email said congrats, told me the date of interview, that I will receive more information by post shortly and told me not to contact the JET desk unless I had significant reason to. Exciting stuff.

Congratulations!

Do you mind telling us:
    1. What country are you from
    2. When your application arrived at your nation's embassy
    3. Which consulate are you applying to
    4. How does the email look like

I got my notification from the UK JET programme and the application was received by them on the 26th November (with the 29th being the deadline), UK all go through the London Embassy and I think the Edinburgh consulate. If anyone is interested I could put the notification email on here but I'm not sure how useful it would be.

Thanks for the information! I'm sure some of us will find it useful.
    Last edited by kbui; January 8th, 2014 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcase View Post
    Future English Teacher everyone!
    tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif

We're (mostly) all native English speakers here, so I take pride in being able to be liberal with my English. But thank you for your condescending tone; I'm sure your current/future students will greatly appreciate that.

I take pride in being able to be liberal with my English.
    Make sure you mention that in your interview.

Okay, I concede. I apologize for using incorrect grammar in my previous post(s). Though I do suggest that when there are grammar mistakes, please help people correct them instead of just pointing them out.

I just had a thought, what if everyone who was granted an interview already received the email, and the rest of us were will be rejected via post. I think this for two reasons.

1) Every post I've seen about people being rejected was via post, they didn't receive an email.
    2) Aren't all interview candidates told at the same time they've been invited for an interview, regardless of interview date? Obviously different countries different notification dates etc...

i hope hope in mistaken in my assumptions...
    Last edited by PaddyPakku; January 8th, 2014 at 01:31.

I just had a thought, what if everyone who was granted an interview already received the email, and the rest of us were will be rejected via post. I think this for two reasons.

1) Every post I've seen about people being rejected was via post, they didn't receive an email.
    2) Aren't all interview candidates told at the same time they've been invited for an interview, regardless of interview date? Obviously different countries different notification dates etc...

I wouldn't start thinking about stuff like that, this is the first day that people have heard anything (from what I've seen on here) and there are another 6 weeks to go for the results to come out!

Couldn't say, but consider the volume of applicants they have to go through. I would imagine that they do it in stages. So process 100 applicants at a time and keep the top 50 or so for interview, and move on to the next hundred. It may not be the case, but I imagine its a good way of dealing with that number of applications.
    Personally, I recall when I was an ALT back in the dark ages, Interview letters were sent out months apart with some people getting them in January, and some in Feb. I can't remember when I got mine.

Plus, bear in mind that they will be getting loads of calls off people wanting to know the status of the application. If I was working on going through them, I wouldn't hang around with any rejections since it means less people potentially phoning/emailing.

Constantly getting annoying phonecalls from people with stupid questions must be the worst thing about working at the JET desk.

Corvus - Last year I received my interview notification via e-mail on Tuesday January 29th from the Boston Consulate. It's possible that because the application deadline was a few days later this year they might not send notices as early this time around. The interview dates for that consulate were February 20 - 22 and I got an e-mail about my Alternate status on April 2nd. We still have a ways to go, so sit back & relax

The application process has been much better the second time around. My top concern is that I won't get an interview despite having made it to Alternate this year. I don't know that I have the gumption to apply for a third time >_<
    I came here to laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nell View Post
    I just got confirmation of an interview for 21st Jan!!!! Definitely was not expecting it to come this early, if at all. Any previous/current JETS please feel free to bombard me with advice/questions you were asked that caught you off guard so I can get more of an idea what to expect
    Are you from the u.S. and did you apply for Early Departure?

Congratulations!!!!

haha Paddy I really think you're over analyzing things a bit. I'm an applicant as well, and yes this waiting sucks, but I think you're gonna go crazy by reading too much into things. Just remain positive. At this point, it's out of your hands. Perhaps practice your chopsticks skills.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcase View Post
    Constantly getting annoying phonecalls from people with stupid questions must be the worst thing about working at the JET desk.

That's what i'd imagine pergatory to be like.

Usps tracking just went online, I'm pretty sure i'm the last batch b/c mine is delivered at the final hour.