Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Default Re: So, where do you stand with your 2014 application?

Quote Originally Posted by spman2099 View Post
    Out of curiosity, have any Canadians gotten their interview appointment yet? Or does it not work that way for Canada? Anyone know?
    The JET Canada website says:

Application results will be available at the end of January in your JET Inbox.

Not sure if you get an email notifying you that there's something in your JET inbox or what

The US list is out now. Looks like I'll need to start preparing for my interview!

And thanks to everyone who helped out with my SoP!
    Last edited by chwii; January 22nd, 2014 at 03:43.

Congratulations, chwii!

chwii, I feel your pain. I gotta go get a suit and prepare for questions and fly back to the US now...
    I feel like a bit of a dumbass for mistyping my application number and thinking I didn't get an interview though.

It looks like I am also lucky enough to have an interview. The agonizing wait is over... For now.

Congrats to all you US applicants! I'm still here in the UK waiting for my eventual rejection letter, sad times

I got an interview! I had to check my number several times to make sure I wasn't celebrating too soon but yes, I got an interview!

Well my goal has been reached. Win or lose, at least I know that all my application worries were ill-founded. First hurdle overcome. Bring on the next!

Sorry to hear that Paddy, hopefully things work out for you in the future. If it makes you feel any better, I did a brief count of the US list and it appears that slightly less than 1,800 people will be given interviews. I don't know if this is a high or low number from in the past, but I get the feeling that the total number of applicants was probably in the tens of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post
    Congrats to all you US applicants! I'm still here in the UK waiting for my eventual rejection letter, sad times
    Ah, me too. As much as there's still time left to be invited for an interview, I'm starting to lose hope a little.

No interview for me this year but I'm not one to make a decision like this without having a back-up plan in mind. Therefore, it's time to move on to the my other plan for teaching in Japan. Congrats to those of you that made it to the interview stage, though.

With some quick math and a handy calculator,
    1776 applicants have been invited for an interview in the US. From the past I know that US JET applicants are roughly around ~4000-5000 so we can estimate that it's about a 35%-44% in this particular case.
    @jurrasyk, as ALT Dimension says, us UK applicants still have until mid February to be notified of an interview, but I'm losing hope...
    Last edited by PaddyPakku; January 22nd, 2014 at 03:12.

I didn't get one. I'm going to go curl up in a ball and mope. I'll be trying again next year. I can call in April to find out what I did wrong, right?

The US JETs were just notified about the invitation to interview. Scored myself one of those tickets. I can almost see the finish line...almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Ahhh! I just received notification of an interview!!! I was so nervous.

DOn't lose hope--for the people who didn't get an interview this year. I have to apply for things two, even three, times to be successful. Not for the JET in particular, but other opportunities.

I did not score an interview this go around. I'm disappointed, but you know going in that it's a competitive process. Have to think if it'll be worth going through all of this again next year.

I've been lurking here for a bit and I had to sign up and say something. I received an interview for this year which is awesome but I felt it was more important to let anyone who didn't receive an interview know that it is not over! I applied once before out of college in 2010 and did not receive an interview. After spending time in jobs, paying off student loans, I always worked with the idea that I would apply again and what could I do to make myself a stronger applicant? It took me 4 years to gather up the courage to make another run for it and so far, I am on the right track. Just don't give up! If this is something that you really want, work as hard as you can to make yourself a better applicant for the next period and don't lose hope!

Good luck to everyone who received an interview!

I think I got an interview?! I'm at work right now and my confirmation card is at home, so I looked at the number at the top of the copy of my application I'd saved, and it's on the list! Gonna double-check when I get home just to be sure. Ahhhhh this is going to be the longest day ever

For those of us with interviews; enjoy some good(old) news whilst we nervously wrack our brains and prepare for that dreaded day.

LDP plans expansion of JET program | The Japan Times

Congrats to all who've got interviews!

I got the email mid-day also and didn't have my number on hand, so... I just checked right now and I was selected. Congrats to those that got this far. Those who were not selected, you really shouldn't take it personally. There are a limited number of slots and thousands of applicants. Use the next year to improve yourself and get some teaching/tutoring time in where possible... worse case get a TEFL certification and your odds are increased ten fold.
    rwar