Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Physician's Form : who should fill it out/sign it?

Default Physician's Form : who should fill it out/sign it?

Hi everyone,

This may seem like sort of a silly question but I don't want to make even a minor mistake on this application (as with everyone else). I am currently seeing a dermatologist for mild skin irritation and on a script for it. I detailed this on the medical self-assessment and as a result am going to have to get the physician's form filled out. I have no other medical issues and haven't since minor things as a child 15+ years ago (ear infections, fractured bone, etc). My question is this: Since this is the only issue I'm mentioning, should the form be filled out by the dermatologist, or my PCP (who I rarely see)? Any insight is appreciated.Thanks.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Physician's Form : who should fill it out/sign it?

PCP as your dermatologist won't be able to fill it out (They, in theory, don't have a full record of your health)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Thanks, I was thinking along similar lines but when I saw the blank labeled "Specialization/Area of Expertise" for them to fill it it got me second-guessing......like most stuff on the app haha. Thanks again!
    Last edited by jmejia019; November 11th, 2013 at 07:39.

Hm. In that case was it okay that my endocrinologist was the one who filled out my form? He was the only physician I saw about my thyroid condition on a regular basis (other than the local physician who diagnosed me three years ago). I assumed he would then be the only one I could ask to provide insight on my condition and where I was in my recovery.

Maybe you fill your pcp in the condition and your treatment an he could then vouch for you based on his general knowledge of the condition and his knowledge of your overall health? That's what I planned to do for mine.

In this case it probably is best to call/email the embassy, they're the only ones who can tell you for sure.

I double checked the application and it specified that I need to contact an expert/doctor that I was seeing for my current condition. So I believe I did my form correctly.

does anyone think it'd be bad to submit 2 forms haha?

So how detailed are you guys' forms? My doctor filled it out today and literally put his letter stamp where he should fill out his info and then in the description of medical history he wrote "25 yo male seen for problems below: skin irritation - completed treatment. Low vit D - treatment completed. Overall patient is in very good mental and physical health"

under the physician's statement he simply wrote "patient is fit
    to participate in jet program."

I asked him if in his experience with these sorts of things this was enough detail and he assured me 3 times he does this sort of thing all of the time and it completely normal for it to be this short. When I asked him if he could mention my scripts he said he could not in detail since he didn't prescribe them (they were from the dermatologist) and that stating "treatment complete" was sufficient.

Is this gonna fly guys? I got the impression that jet was looking for something more....thorough.
    Last edited by jmejia019; November 14th, 2013 at 07:31.

I'm wondering the same thing - I just got my statement of physician back today and the doctor just signed it and listed the prescription medicines I'm on (which were the same as what I'd put) and when I asked the secretary if she should actually say that I'm fit and healthy to go on JET in writing she said no, assuring me the doctor does these all the time... So I might just ask her to write at least a sentence saying I'm fit for the programme otherwise it doesn't seem much point??

I'm guessing they must give a little bit of leeway for these things because doctors are busy people and, as they said, they fill out forms like this often. You can't usually stand over your doctor and tell them out to fill it out, so I'm sure the JET people have gotten plenty of physician's forms with varying degrees of detail. Best not to worry about the things you can't control, y'know?

I can control it with another visit hehe....JUST ONE MORE SENTENCE DOC!!!!

I had a letter written for me instead. The letter was signed but there wasn't a stamp on the letter like JET requested. Does anybody know if this is still OK?

A letter in place of the physician's form? Does the app say thats okay? I dont remember reading that (not saying I couldn't have over looked it). Wait, what country are you applying from?

I'm applying from the UK, and the app does say that it's ok.

If the letter has features of authenticity and the doctors contact details it would probably be OK without a stamp. I can't really see any reason why they would kick a fuss up over it.

I think JET just asks for stamps, letterheads, and signatures simple because they are the most common forms of identifying authenticity in a document. It's hard not to worry about things with this application. I'm sure it'll be OK Paddy. You could always phone the JET desk for extra reassurance.

I was a little curious as to why the ask for a Physician's note to be stamped but not a physician's form. If anything, it would be WAY easier to forge the form that the note. But you're right Aurano. I'm seriously worrying about every little thing. It probably sounds silly, but I almost feel as though not having the note stamped could lead to disqualification. After all, it just shows that you haven't listened to instructions.

I'm pretty sure they will be quite flexible. After all, not every application is going to be the same so there has to be a certain amount of slack involved.

But yeah, it's hard not to worry about every little thing with this application. Simply because they seem so specific about how it needs to be presented. Makes you paranoid!!

But I've always thought that the fact that not every application will adhere to the rules will act as a preliminary way of knocking off candidates in the early stages...

I guess you have a point. But what I mean is, I doubt they will make a fuss over small variations between applications.