Thread: Academic Transcripts

Default Academic Transcripts

Hi, I've just received my academic transcripts, however it was not inside an envelope with the university stamp. I was wondering if it has to be inside an envelope with the stamp on it? as that is what I original thought you needed, but after looking up on the JET site it doesn't mention it having to be in a envelope with the stamp just for the transcript to be stamped.

• The document must be an original, on university-headed paper. It should be signed and stamped (with an official university ink stamp) by a person with authority to give such information.

That's what it says but doesn't mention the envelope being stamped. Did they change that when they updated the site? (I'm referring to the UK site)

Default Re: Academic Transcripts

I don't know about recently, but when I applied, it was just the transcript that had to be stamped. The envelope for the references needs to be signed across the seal, but your transcript shouldn't need anything special other than on the transcript itself.
    Last edited by Antonath; November 12th, 2013 at 21:06.
    ...because Japan.

Ok thanks. I thought that I read it had to be in a sealed envelope with the university stamp. But after looking on the JET site it doesn't mention anything just that it needs to be stamped or have the hologram 'thing', which it does. So I should be fine, guess I was fussing over nothing.

Yeah, you need to photocopy your transcript so it shouldn't really be in a stamped sealed envelope.