Thread: US Application deadline extended

Default US Application deadline extended

The official US JET Program website says that the application deadline has been extended to December 3rd, so you get a full week extra to worry about it/mail it in!

Default Re: US Application deadline extended

wompwomp!

I wonder why? I am not complaining at all, just really curious...
    I want a giant robot.....

As soon as I saw the email, I had the sudden urge to not write my SoP tonight like I planned to. No, dangit...I need to be responsible!‚Äč >.o

I got that email at the same time I got my application confirmation card. Not that it really would have mattered. I'm glad the rest of you guys have more time. Especially those waiting on references.

I'm curious though too. I thought the deadline was pretty set in stone, no exceptions. I wonder what made them decide to push it back? Has this happened in previous years?

My best guess would be that the technical problems they experienced when first making the application available in October led them to extend the deadline. Easier to extend the deadline than to have people whinging about it. I'm not complaining- now I don't have to berate my last reference to get with the program already.

Yeah, it's happened before when the initial release was late/there were technical problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Awww HELL YEAH! Tokyo here I come!! Just kidding, I hope I get an interview at least. It's good news for us aspiring applicants nonetheless

lol agreed, paddy!!

I guess things are looking up!

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Wow, that's a rather significant policy change, as they traditionally have hired local and through contract companies, given how spectacularly easy (and cheap) it is to get foreigners in Tokyo proper.

I highly doubt that the delay in the american application has any relation though. If it did, all embassies would have a similar policy change, as once the paper applications have moved to interviews the process is pretty standard across the globe (It's now running on Japan's schedule rather than embassy schedule)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Unsourced bullsh*t. What good will improving the English abilities of teachers and students starting next year do for an event that will happen in 7 years? 6 years to turn things around? What percentage of the population would be able to 'speak English' after that period?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Wow that's great news they need more JETS. Especially the number for 2015 (because that's when I'll be applying).