Thread: Christmas lesson ideas

Default Christmas lesson ideas

I have been asked to create a lesson for Christmas at one of my schools. MY JTE's from my grade 1, 2 and likely grade 3 JHS classes all want to have lessons for Christmas.

The specific request is that I play at least one Christmas carol and tell them about my Christmases. That said, I want to do something fun for the kids as well, like a game where they can win some decent prizes. Any ideas?

I checked the JET forum, and there was a pretty swell Jeopardy game and reindeer race games I could do. I am hoping for a game that is fun and forces the little rascals to listen and speak.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Christmas lesson ideas

"The twelve days of Christmas" is a good song to use. Let the kids sing/say it, but change the items. Instead of "a partridge in a pear tree", maybe it's "an Arashi CD". The next kid adds their own and says everything else too, meaning they have to listen to what everyone says.
    ...because Japan.

Default Re: Christmas lesson ideas

Pass the parcel Jeopardy or something. Put questions in layers of wrapping, let them pass it around, stop the carol and they tear it open. They have to read and answer the question. If they get it right give them a prize.