Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview Questions and Advice 2014

Default Re: Interview Questions and Advice 2014

Hey guys,

On my application I put no preference for location, but on the candidate form I'm supposed to submit at the interview, can I fill in something in the location preference box? Also, will the interviewers see that form, or does it go straight to admin?

I'm so excited for the interview!

Default Re: Congratulations, interview recipients!

I did not get that email either, but I called and scheduled it. I'll call them again today and make a new email account for them to send this stuff to. Thank you for letting me know! Was the interview slip attached?

Quote Originally Posted by PoorYorick View Post
    I did not get that email either, but I called and scheduled it. I'll call them again today and make a new email account for them to send this stuff to. Thank you for letting me know! Was the interview slip attached?
    The slip was attached.

Damn you email!

Hey guys!

I had a question for any applicants out of SLC, Utah - have you gotten an email from the consulate yet?
    I've been checking and rechecking both my emails (and the spam boxes) and I haven't received anything from JET regarding my interview, although my number is on the interview list.
    I know I need to call them, but I'm not sure where. Numerous spots on the JET website say that I will be interviewing at the location I selected (Salt Lake City, in my case) - but there is no Japanese consulate in SLC. There is one, however, in Denver, Colorado which "serves" the state of Utah as well. Should I go ahead and call the Denver consulate?
    I'm probably overthinking this, but I'll be grateful for any advice!

Default Re: Congratulations, interview recipients!

Quote Originally Posted by undisputed2020 View Post
    I'm a little concerned. I sent in my Day and Time preference last week, but I only put AM or PM, not specific times (like 10:00 AM or something). I'm going to be interviewed in Los Angeles, but they said they'll release specific time and dates on the first week of February. Just worried that any little thing could disqualified me as if the guy in charge is like "This guy didn't give specific times... GUESS HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO JAPAN! MUAHAHAHAHA"
    I don't understand what you're concerned about. The LA consulate email specifically says you aren't supposed to request a specific time, you can only ask for AM or PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    Hey guys!

I had a question for any applicants out of SLC, Utah - have you gotten an email from the consulate yet?
    I've been checking and rechecking both my emails (and the spam boxes) and I haven't received anything from JET regarding my interview, although my number is on the interview list.
    I know I need to call them, but I'm not sure where. Numerous spots on the JET website say that I will be interviewing at the location I selected (Salt Lake City, in my case) - but there is no Japanese consulate in SLC. There is one, however, in Denver, Colorado which "serves" the state of Utah as well. Should I go ahead and call the Denver consulate?
    I'm probably overthinking this, but I'll be grateful for any advice!
    Yes, I would call the Denver consulate. I think a couple consulates do satellite interview locations, so that may be what's happening in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Yes, I would call the Denver consulate. I think a couple consulates do satellite interview locations, so that may be what's happening in SLC.
    Thank you! Called them and scheduled an interview - I guess somehow the email never came through for me.

Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    Where was that bit posted by the way? The quote? I've read as much as possible from the emails I've been receiving and haven't seen that. Maybe I skipped over that one.
    It was in the SF email.
    Our interview dates are also Feb 19th-21st btw, for anyone who cares/was wondering. That's all I know so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    Thank you! Called them and scheduled an interview - I guess somehow the email never came through for me.
    same happened to me out of Miami, I scheduled an interview but they sent out the list and interview form and I still haven't gotten that either. Keep an eye on your email and if it doesn't show up in the next few days give them another call.

Has anybody interviewing through Nashville been contacted with the interview time yet?

I got the original email, but all it asked was to respond from a preferred email address to confirm that the email was read, and said nothing about sending a preferred time or selecting a time online. It's only been a few days, but I want to make sure that I don't miss an important email.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbill1 View Post
    Has anybody interviewing through Nashville been contacted with the interview time yet?

I got the original email, but all it asked was to respond from a preferred email address to confirm that the email was read, and said nothing about sending a preferred time or selecting a time online. It's only been a few days, but I want to make sure that I don't miss an important email.
    If it's like previous years, the consulate/embassy will create it's own time schedule for interviews and inform you of when your interview is.

They'll make sure you know at least a week or two in advance.

Small question for those who are interviewing or have interviewed: I have a full beard. Should it be shaved off before the interview, or is trimming it and keeping it neat considered professional enough for an interview?

At least trim it! Keep it neat, but shaving might be better. I had long hair and a beard... I cut and shaved both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Trim it. I went in with a nicely trimmed full beard, no problem. That being said, I did see a few lumberjack neck beards go in, but never saw them again at orientation.

I also regularly wear my full trimmed beard in winter here in Japan. Haven't heard anything back except compliments, and it's especially popular with the younger kids because they've never seen a man with any form of substantial facial hair before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

but they have seen plenty of women with it?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I think you meant to say,"......because they've never seen a man of any form before."

racist
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

That wasn't racism, that was being culturally insensitive.