Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Word's Formerly Secret Interview Advice

Default Re: Word's Formerly Secret Interview Advice

I second the advise on giving your SoP a read through the day before. Considering there's a decent gap of time between when you wrote it and the interview, chances are you might have forgot some of what you had written, and they will definitely be reading it and likely asking you questions about it.

It's worth giving a quick read to your entire application again near the interview date. Try and think of some questions you might ask yourself if you were in their shoes. That's what I did and most of what I figured they would ask me (what I was studying in school, my interests, etc.) I was already ready for.

Other than that, don't kill yourself if you get grilled and choke a little, you can still get in even if you don't have an amasing quick-fire response for all their questions.
    Last edited by Corvus; January 20th, 2015 at 19:57.

word, thanks for sharing your top secret information. It's the only comprehensive JET interview advice I've read that put me at ease by the time I finished reading it. As my interview date draws closer I like to skim your guide every once and a while to help remind myself I actually know what I'm doing-- something that most advice tends not to do!

Great! Thanks for directing me to this page.

Good advice.

That's some great information and advice!

The interview is what I'm most terrified of. I wouldn't say that I get nervous, but my hands get extremely clammy. That is my biggest fear. I do not want them to shake my hand and feel like I just dipped my hand in a swimming pool or something.

Going to have to get some pants fitted too. It's tough finding clothes that fit when you are 6'5.
    We are what we repeatedly do.

Quote Originally Posted by setyoursightsnorth View Post
    That's some great information and advice!

The interview is what I'm most terrified of. I wouldn't say that I get nervous, but my hands get extremely clammy. That is my biggest fear. I do not want them to shake my hand and feel like I just dipped my hand in a swimming pool or something.

Going to have to get some pants fitted too. It's tough finding clothes that fit when you are 6'5.
    It's not common for the interviewers to shake your hand. At the end of my interview I walked up and shook their hands but it's not required.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLC View Post
    It's not common for the interviewers to shake your hand. At the end of my interview I walked up and shook their hands but it's not required.
    I shook hands with all 3 at the beginning and end of the interview. Both times it was initiated by me though.

Awesome advice! Thanks so much!

I am copying the advice here into a word document so I have it available if I get the interview. Thanks for posting it word!
    I want a giant robot.....