Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

Default Re: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

Hey, my interview's on the 19th as well! What time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
    Hey, my interview's on the 19th as well! What time?
    2.20pm what about you?

Same time - they must be running multiple panels.

Or they've overbooked and instead of interviews they're running fights to the death instead. One or the other.

Haha nice guess I'll see you there! I'll be the Asian girl in business attire black skirt white blouse

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Most embassies run multiple interview panels concurrently. It's easier to organize it all on one or two days than to spread it out over a week or two and have the same interviewers interview everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Makes sense. Still, I think I'd fare better at the Battle Royale idea.

I'll be the asian dude in a black suit, blue tie.

Saying 'I'll be the asian in a suit" is the worst descriptor you could use when meeting at the japanese embassy. Its like saying "I'll see you at the Italian embassy. I'm the greasy guy wearing shades"
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

There's not much conspicuousness I can add without scuttling my interview chances though!

The Melbourne consulate was doing 4 interviews concurrently which was interesting. I saw one of my previous lecturers on the panel. Disappointed there was no ex-jet to talk to in the waiting room or on my panel.

Just had my interview. Sydney was holding 3 concurrent interviews. They were super friendly and the ex JET did ask most of the questions except for the Japanese part but they weren't any curveballs.

Grub, interesting your panel didn't have an ex JET.

No ex-JET on the panel? odd

The professor (outside expert?) and the ex-JET did most of the talking, apart from the Japanese speaking bit

The professor (outside expert?) and the ex-JET did most of the talking, apart from the Japanese speaking bit
    It's not so odd. The panels consist of the people in the area who were free and needed cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    The panels consist of the people in the area who were free and needed cash.
    hmmm very odd considering the job prospects of most ex JETs
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    hmmm very odd considering the job prospects of most ex JETs
    Managers at McDonald's can be a strict bunch. Probably couldn't get the time off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Heeeeeyoooo. Had mine today. Glad it's over. Fun! Now for the wait until the yay/nay. Not so much fun.

Just letting you guys know that I withdrew my application for this year's intake. I think I might finish my masters course in teaching first. I'll stick around as I might apply again at the end of the year. Fingers crossed to all you Aussies!

Oh I totally bombed the Japanese part of my interview too. Was not expecting what they asked.

lol. May I ask what they asked? I got asked about instant noodles. Took me by surprise let me tell you. Would that be the end of the Aussie interviews then I wonder. I was concerned about mine being so late, but hey Wait Awhile is the theme over here

I was shown pictures of situations and it was like "What would you do if you were person x/y?" Went mind blank for the last one.

Hey guys! Perhaps a little late to the party but Melbourne graduate of IT from Swinburne checking in. I had my interviews last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I was shown pictures of situations and it was like "What would you do if you were person x/y?" Went mind blank for the last one.
    Grub, I had similar questions where they showed me the pictures and I had to answer in Japanese. In my application I said I did Japanese in year 8 so despite writing that I had essentially no knowledge of the language earlier in the application they decided to test me anyway.Good thing I know "Gomennasai"

Hey all!

Just dropping by to wish you all luck in your applications! I'm a current jet and I interviewed in Sydney last year so I can sympathise with the nerves and all the waiting :/