Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

Default Re: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

just got a mail saying results will be posted this week. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
    just got a mail saying results will be posted this week. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I can't take this it's too soon!!!

I also got the e-mail. I swear the stress of this is much, much greater than final uni exams.
    Good luck to all Aussies and I hope Japan loves us that much that we all are accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by SticksPrime View Post
    I also got the e-mail. I swear the stress of this is much, much greater than final uni exams.
    Good luck to all Aussies and I hope Japan loves us that much that we all are accepted.
    With all the rain in Sydney lately I just hope my letter doesn't get destroyed haha. Why can't we be like the US and get emailed our results.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelia View Post
    With all the rain in Sydney lately I just hope my letter doesn't get destroyed haha. Why can't we be like the US and get emailed our results.
    Rain? Overcast maybe but no rain on the south-west front. When we were e-mailed regarding interviews, did you get the confirmation letter the next day? I know I did and if so, looks like it's going to be a sleepless night for the two of us.

Hi guys, first time posting here but my friend who applied through the Canberra consulate apparently got an email today notifying her that she was accepted

Quote Originally Posted by laurenlouise View Post
    Hi guys, first time posting here but my friend who applied through the Canberra consulate apparently got an email today notifying her that she was accepted
    Congrats to your friend! I wonder if each consulate decides on their own method of notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelia View Post
    Congrats to your friend! I wonder if each consulate decides on their own method of notification.
    it's possible, there was quite a discrepancy for when interview notifications went out (i'm from Brisbane) so they seem to operate by their own timelines to some extent.
    At least the wait is finally over, good luck everyone

Now what would be more heart-wrenching; getting the rejection letter or getting an e-mail saying "April Fool's. Notifications will be sent out NEXT WEEK"?

Quote Originally Posted by SticksPrime View Post
    Rain? Overcast maybe but no rain on the south-west front. When we were e-mailed regarding interviews, did you get the confirmation letter the next day? I know I did and if so, looks like it's going to be a sleepless night for the two of us.
    My interview date notification email was on 29th Jan. The letter I received was dated 31st and I received it on the same day. Hoping for a letter in my mailbox tomorrow or Thursday.

anybody here from melbourne?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Australian updates will probably be out in the next two or three days. They are either the first or quite a bit later. I imagine it has to do with JET coordinator duties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Just got an email from the Brisbane coordinator saying she hasn't received the notifications yet, but expects to find out tomorrow, and will then be sending them out by mail (I don't understand why she can't do it via email or phone ) so we probably won't hear until early next week, or Friday if we're lucky. Hope other parts of the country don't keep you all waiting so long

chiming in from Melbourne here, just got an email from the Melbourne consulate. i got shortlisted! be seeing all you lucky guys and gals in tokyo!

Sweating bullets up in Sydney, no contact since the initial email yet.

I'm in Melbourne, got short-listed too! see you in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitspunchsamurai View Post
    chiming in from Melbourne here, just got an email from the Melbourne consulate. i got shortlisted! be seeing all you lucky guys and gals in tokyo!

Congrats to you lucky Melbournians!
    Hoping for a letter today.

Hi, I just signed in to say I'm a short-listed applicant from Sydney.

Sydney people, check your letterboxes!! The consulate sent out the letters yesterday (April 2).

in regards to the reply form, just wondering is the criminal background check the same as the name check we did earlier on in the application process?

Quote Originally Posted by dzima View Post
    Hi, I just signed in to say I'm a short-listed applicant from Sydney.

Sydney people, check your letterboxes!! The consulate sent out the letters yesterday (April 2).
    Congrats! Now I just want to bolt out of the office and go home to check my mailbox haha.