Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

Default Re: Aspiring Australian JETs 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ekm View Post
    in regards to the reply form, just wondering is the criminal background check the same as the name check we did earlier on in the application process?
    It should be, since it wasn't compulsory to submit it with your application unless you applied for early departure. But best to check with your JET coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelia View Post
    It should be, since it wasn't compulsory to submit it with your application unless you applied for early departure
    I don't want to put the cart before the horse but since I did apply for early departure, I would presume I wouldn't have to get another criminal background check?

Quote Originally Posted by SticksPrime View Post
    I don't want to put the cart before the horse but since I did apply for early departure, I would presume I wouldn't have to get another criminal background check?
    (2) Submission of criminal record and health certificate
    (a) In principle, all the short-list candidates and alternates must obtain and submit their criminal records and certificates of health to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General where they were interviewed prior to arriving in Japan. Short-list candidates and alternates who fail to submit these documents by 13 June, 2014 without sufficient reason may be disqualified. However, those who stated they have a criminal history at the time of application must submit their criminal record by 21 of February at the latest (if possible at the time of application). Alternate candidates
    upgraded to short list candidates may be required to submit a health certificate again.

^ This is directly from the information document on the Japan embassy website. So if you've submitted it with your application chances are you won't need to submit it again. I don't recall there being requirements of when the check had to have been done as long as it's recent, only the lung scan required for the health certificate had to be taken in the last 3 months or thereabouts.

I would still call the consulate for confirmation, the JET desk is very helpful.

the JET desk is very helpful.
    That they are... Still camped out by the post box Shelia? I know our postie comes by around 1:30-ish

Quote Originally Posted by SticksPrime View Post
    That they are... Still camped out by the post box Shelia? I know our postie comes by around 1:30-ish
    At work and contemplating if I should take the rest of the day off. Dad is home but he doesn't have the mailbox key I don't think. No idea when our postie comes since I'm not home during the day on weekdays.

Have you got yours yet?

Argh... already collected the mail today, no letter... mgrgrgrgr...

The postman arrived 20mins ago and was the bringer of bad news. With that, good luck for the rest of us and hope you enjoy your experiences and we'll see if I apply again for next year's intake

Sticks - Sorry to hear that. What's your plan B if you don't mind me asking?

Jintor - At my old place the mail would be delivered twice during a day (but that was when I lived in a big complex) so don't lose hope yet? I have an appointment after work but I just want to bolt straight home and check my mailbox. Sigh. Work is going awfully slow.

Sticks - Sorry to hear that. What's your plan B if you don't mind me asking?
    There was no plan B per se as I was applying for jobs in my industry (Sport & Exercise Science) for the time being to fund the initial start-up costs in Japan for JET. Now that's not happening this year, it'll be the same plan. Unfortunately it's not just Japan that doesn't want to hire me, it's also Australia.

No letter today. Guess I find out tomorrow then.

Bad luck Sticks :<

Sticks I feel you, Sydney's job market is pretty crappy atm.

My mum just txted me saying my letter arrived! I'm 1 hour away from home.

Edit: Short-listed woot
    Last edited by Shelia; April 3rd, 2014 at 17:43.

Nice Shelia.

Urgh i'm gonna not be able to sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
    Nice Shelia.

Urgh i'm gonna not be able to sleep tonight
    Thanks and I'm sure you'll get yours tomorrow!

YEAAAAAAAAAAH! SHORTLISTED! \o/

Is the criminal check a national or state level check?

Quote Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
    YEAAAAAAAAAAH! SHORTLISTED! \o/

Is the criminal check a national or state level check?
    Congrats! Guess I'll be seeing you again at PDO.

It should be the national name check one but you can confirm that with our JET coordinator. I know I'll be emailing her with some questions regarding the reply form.
    Last edited by Shelia; April 4th, 2014 at 10:48.
    2014 Short-listed, Sydney (≧∇≦)/ Yamaguchi-ken

Hello,
    My name is Daniel. I am one of the applicants from Perth. Still no news yet. Just that we will be contacted by email. The wait is killing me. Congratulations to the applicants who were shortlisted

Welcome Daniel. Hope you hear back on Monday!

Went to the doctors for my health certificate and lung scan today, expecting everything to be finalised next week so that I can send off my reply form.
    Last edited by Shelia; April 5th, 2014 at 10:56.

Thank you I hope so too! Perth only had 15 interviewee's, how about you guys? ? That's great your organised. Can I ask where you guys put as your prefrences? I have okinawa, Hiroshima and nagasaki.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

On my day there were around 25 interviews (did a quick count when the JET coordinator was crossing my name off) and Sydney interviews were over 3 days so around 70 ~ 80 interviews maybe.

My preferences were Nagoya, Tokyo and Osaka.

Wow that's a lot. Our interviews ran for 3-4 hours and there were two interview rooms. I was the first in and had a good chat with the staff that were in the waiting room. I wish I had found this forum earlier!! I couldn't find anything about the other australians

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk