Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard nothing.

Default Heard nothing.

No e-mail, No letter.
    I was going to withdraw my application anyway, but i was waiting out of curiosity to see if i was even offered an interview, but nothing has come.

Odd that.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Heard nothing.

contact the embassy you applied through?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    contact the embassy you applied through?
    I don't know if it is worth the trouble, he was already planning to withdraw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

According to their voicemail message, they will continue to send out replies until the end of February. I don't know of anyone else who is still waiting. Yes, I have to withdraw my app, but I thought mine was pretty strong and I do want to apply again when I can, so I am really curious as to whether or not I am successful.

I am a UK applicant waiting too. I heard of some people getting rejection letters in todays post (although I haven't been home yet to check), it doesn't look good.

I am also an ex-JET, so slightly surprised that I didn't get an interview but not the end of the world.

I got tired of waiting too. I called my embassy and apparently I'm ineligible for this year because my graduation date is too late. Even though it's in July.
    M-O-T-H-E-R-F-U-C-K-I-N-G TIMEWASTERS!!! It took them 2 months and 2 weeks to tell me that?! After all that hard-work too.
    Fortunately I have interviews with INterac and PKC next month so all is not lost.

I got a letter today telling me I hadn't been successful for an interview, so I guess all the interview invitations have been sent out. It was nice of them to actually send out a rejection letter because now I know were I stand.

Congratulations to all those who made it to the interview, and to all those who didn't, if you're not an old fart like me then just reapply next year and make your app stronger.

Sorry to hear that Aurano and Paddy. Good luck with your plan B's!

Sorry to hear that as well. All the best with Interac or other agencies!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post
    I called my embassy and apparently I'm ineligible for this year because my graduation date is too late. Even though it's in July.
    That's a bit weird because I'm pretty sure most universities graduate in July. I did and my university actually finishes slightly earlier than a lot of them because we cut out some half term holiday.

Could it be something to do about when you get your certificate? An ex-JET I know said that she was at literally waiting until the day before she was supposed to be flying out for the University to send her certificate, and she was told by the JET desk that if she didn't show it, they wouldn't let her get on the plane.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Ya, I was kinda thinking that too actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I got my certificate on the day I graduated in a envelope along with my transcript and a few other bits and bobs. I'm not sure how other universities do it but surely you could just show JET your pre-graduation letter stating that you have passed your degree.

If it's like the US, the certificate/degree is a requirement for the visa, so there's probably not a lot JET/CLAIR can do about it.

I think it's a case of needing a certificate before I leave. Graduation at my university is generally from the last week of July until the first week of August. The university couldn't provide a specific date. This coupled with the fact that there is no guarantee that I will graduate and that I'm young and have no formal teaching experience, gave them permission to dash my application to the wind. *le sigh*

Does anybody, rejected or successful, have any backup plans?
    Last edited by PaddyPakku; February 5th, 2014 at 03:39.

It seems your graduation week is the same week as the flights out if the dates that were posted before were right. That sucks completely. You said you were applying for other things though, right? Don't lose hope!

In my Uni, you don't get anything on your actual graduation. I graduated mid-July and didn't get my certificate until the end of August.

And I just went back through my e-mails to check. She said it was a visa thing as well, and she also went to my uni.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post
    I think it's a case of needing a certificate before I leave. Graduation at my university is generally from the last week of July until the first week of August. The university couldn't provide a specific date. This coupled with the fact that there is no guarantee that I will graduate and that I'm young and have no formal teaching experience, gave them permission to dash my application to the wind. *le sigh*

Does anybody, rejected or successful, have any backup plans?
    If I pull a Hal Incandenza during the interview I'm just going to go write copy and apply again next year.

it clearly states on the website that you must graduate before july departure. If you knew your university doesn't hold graduation until the last week of july/first week of august did you not think that would be a problem before you wasted 4 months applying?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

1) The UK JET desk receptionist told me that as long as I had a note from my school sometime in July saying that I had passed my exams and would be getting a certificate soon, it wouldn't be an issue.

2) Like...Weren't you banned?!!?!