Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard nothing.

Default Re: Heard nothing.

We usually only perma-ban people for the most serious of offenses (spamming). Trolling and the like generally earns a mere temporary ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyPakku View Post
    1) The UK JET desk receptionist told me that as long as I had a note from my school sometime in July saying that I had passed my exams and would be getting a certificate soon, it wouldn't be an issue.
    It wasn't an issue for me.

But I did phone them up and they confirmed that they knew my college was a special case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ini banned? He's a rockstar here! lol!!

Does anybody, rejected or successful, have any backup plans?
    I'm just going straight on to what I was planning on doing after JET anyway, a Post-graduate certificate of Education. Post-compulsory of course! Almost finished my UCAS app for it.

Good luck Aurano! Just a word of warning though, you know Gove is cutting Sixth form college funding?

I went on jet with just a ref letter from my tutor. Graduation was held a few weeks after I arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocaoca View Post
    Good luck Aurano! Just a word of warning though, you know Gove is cutting Sixth form college funding?
    Yeah, it's kind of bad news for me considering I'm going to study post-compulsory, but I really can't see something as ridiculous as cutting a-level funding working.

Ever since those bloody conservatives have got in to power they have done nothing but ruin this countries education system. It's their method of discreetly distinguishing class divide in the next few decades; what the conservatives were always best at doing. Not only that, but we are probably going to see a massive brain drain in the country in a couple of decades as well. They obviously don't know how to deal with a recession properly, if they did they would understand that a countries economy oscillates so drastic cuts to education, as well as other things, will either flat line the oscillation and fail to stimulate any real growth, or sling shot us in to an even worse recession in 30 years time.

Conservatives are just a bunch of dumb closet homosexual rich boys with too much power. Saying that though, so are most politicians.
    Last edited by Aurano; February 6th, 2014 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurano View Post
    Conservatives are just a bunch of dumb closet homosexual rich boys with too much power. Saying that though, so are most politicians.
    Did not realise being homosexual had much to do with education one way or the other, but for the most part there I agree with you. One thing to remember though is that schools had a similar attitude to you (oh he won't change pay scales, oh he won't change pensions that much, oh he won't pass those curriculum changes) and yet every single change so far has got through and made many teacher's lives much worse for it. You might be better training in Secondary overall, then going onto a school with a sixth form that won't be affected as badly by the changes if he does withdraw Further Education funding.

while this call to arms for the proletariat to rise up against their bourgeoisie oppressors is fascinating what has it got to do with JET interview notifications? I'm sure you could go preach your Marxist agenda in a student union somewhere
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Marxist agenda!? Wouldn't go that far...

But you're right, it has fuck all to do with the topic at hand, so feel free to remove thy comment!

It's not like you to be all righteous to the topic at hand anyway Ini. Do the admins have your balls in a vice or something?

I got tired of waiting too. I called my embassy and apparently I'm ineligible for this year because my graduation date is too late. Even though it's in July.
    M-O-T-H-E-R-F-U-C-K-I-N-G TIMEWASTERS!!! It took them 2 months and 2 weeks to tell me that?! After all that hard-work too.
    Fortunately I have interviews with INterac and PKC next month so all is not lost.
    That's madness, since we have the same graduation week...

Quote Originally Posted by AltDimension View Post
    I would doubt they even keep real records on the reasoning for the rejections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

My graduation week is the last week of July, going into early August. That's just after JETs fly off to Tokyo, from what I've heard.

My graduation week is the last week of July, going into early August. That's just after JETs fly off to Tokyo, from what I've heard.
    Odd, would have thought we'd have the same graduation week. Our university in question said to me that graduation was provisionally set for 14th to 18th July.

Odd, would have thought we'd have the same graduation week. Our university in question said to me that graduation was provisionally set for 14th to 18th July.
    I think my course is a little different as we had an extended summer course for extra credits last year and this year. Maybe that had something to do with it? Either way, good luck with your results in April!!

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    I would doubt they even keep real records on the reasoning for the rejections.
    I thought so too, initially. The woman brought my file up and told me my graduation date disqualified me.
    It's possible she just said that to soothe the pain but, it sounded genuine.
    Last edited by PaddyPakku; February 12th, 2014 at 02:26.

That is weak dude. I hope you make it another way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Paddy, I missed my graduation. But I received my results and degree classification in May, the ceremony was in September but I couldn`t go. Sucks to hear that.

Surely you finish all your exams a few weeks before the actual official graduation though? My graduation week is in mid July but I just put down end of June as I know all my exams will be over by then, you're not obliged to attend the ceremony.

You guys have weird graduation dates... I graduated in December so I don't think I've ever been stressed about graduating in time

My college had several graduations. May, August, or December. It just depended on when you finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rwar