Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110

Thread: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

  1. #61

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
    P.S. Holy cow the Canada JET page actually looks professional and not like the US website that looks like someone set it up with tables in HTML back in the early naughts. And Papyrus. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?? The only thing that reminds me more of middle school power point projects is comic sans.
    LOL. My brother in law glanced at the website over my shoulder one day and the papyrus font was the one thing he picked up and joked about. Asking why the JET program's website hadn't been updated since the 90s. So your comment made me laugh all over again.

    And bummer, LaVie. Maybe we'll see each other on the flight over? Although with each passing day, the more and more I feel like I probably won't be accepted. I think I'm just trying to cushion the blow if it comes.
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; February 26th, 2014 at 09:23.

  2. #62
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    LOL. My brother in law glanced at the website over my shoulder one day and the papyrus font was the one thing he picked up and joked about. Asking why the JET program's website hadn't been updated since the 90s. So your comment made me laugh all over again.

    And bummer, LaVie. Maybe we'll see each other on the flight over? Although with each passing day, the more and more I feel like I probably won't be accepted. I think I'm just trying to cushion the blow if it comes.

    Haha, I'm with you there. The more I think about it, the more acceptance seems highly unlikely.
    We can hope though! :P
    Alternate - Washington DC

  3. #63
    Comrade therealwindycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Chicago of Japan
    Posts
    3,949

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
    P.S. Holy cow the Canada JET page actually looks professional and not like the US website that looks like someone set it up with tables in HTML back in the early naughts. And Papyrus. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?? The only thing that reminds me more of middle school power point projects is comic sans.
    They haven't updated it since I applied three years ago. I checked all the various countries' application pages when I was compiling info about application deadlines this year and the US is definitely the worst.

  4. #64
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    Just had my interview today in Miami, it was not nearly as horrible as I anticipated. I was expecting difficult/awkward questions but everything was pretty standard and related to my application. Of course I've started thinking of things I could have said better, should have brought up, or moments that were slightly awkward. It could go either way, but I'm trying to stay positive. I did get a few smiles and some "wonderful"s, but that could just be the interviewers being polite while actually thinking I'm full of shit. Ah well. I'm going to try not to torture myself. I did the best I could, and there's nothing more I can do at this point to get this job. Good luck to everyone!
    Just stay positive. Not even we know what will happen until April.


    I dont remember any awkward momment in your interview though o.o

  5. #65

    Default Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    herpaderp interviewborked awkwarderp!
    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Just stay positive. Not even we know what will happen until April.


    I dont remember any awkward momment in your interview though o.o
    -and this is why we don't use real names.
    Last edited by uthinkimlost?; February 27th, 2014 at 00:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    -and this is why we don't use real names.
    This has been an I Think I'm Lost Public Service Announcement.

    But seriously, who wouldn't want to get some sort of feedback after an interview? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

  7. #67
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    You'd be surprised how easy it is to know who people are even without real names just by reading their posts ^_-

  8. #68

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    -and this is why we don't use real names.
    I wondered about that, but I don't intend to ever post something that breeches privacy or reflects exceptionally poorly on me as a person. I've never signed up and participated in a forum site before, I came across ITIL when I was looking for information regarding people's experiences with JET a few months ago.
    Remembered it, happened to stumble across this thread, and figured I'd sign up and get it off my chest. Hopefully it doesn't negatively impact my chances.

    Miamicoordinator - Awkward was the wrong word to use. There are some moments I feel I didn't capitalize on, or some points I feel I didn't stress to the best of my ability. I think everyone who interviewed me knows that I want to improve my Japanese, but I'm not sure that I stressed the cultural aspect of my desire to participate in JET. Which happens to be a large part of JET's goals and a large part of why I want to participate.
    Thank you, that's what I'm doing from here on out. I realize that there are many more applicants than available positions and that your job is incredibly difficult. Thank you again for your time!

  9. #69

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    -and this is why we don't use real names.
    It's not a great idea. Applicants (in the US, anyway) signed an agreement that they wouldn't disclose any part of their interview, and there's a lot of disclosure going on in these forums. If you're going to talk about your interview in detail, you probably should make an effort to hide your identity/consulate.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    It's not a great idea. Applicants (in the US, anyway) signed an agreement that they wouldn't disclose any part of their interview, and there's a lot of disclosure going on in these forums. If you're going to talk about your interview in detail, you probably should make an effort to hide your identity/consulate.
    I didn't think saying everything was standard really said much about my interview. Of course I would never post specific questions I was asked or who interviewed me. Is there a way to delete posts? The coordinator from my consulate has already seen and replied to my post, but if that was a breech of privacy I'd like to remove it!

  11. #71
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    I didn't think saying everything was standard really said much about my interview. Of course I would never post specific questions I was asked or who interviewed me. Is there a way to delete posts? The coordinator from my consulate has already seen and replied to my post, but if that was a breech of privacy I'd like to remove it!
    Ha, if (s)he really is the coordinator from Miami, (s)he's violated her/his end of the deal as well.
    Last edited by LaVie; February 27th, 2014 at 00:05.
    Alternate - Washington DC

  12. #72
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    It's not a great idea. Applicants (in the US, anyway) signed an agreement that they wouldn't disclose any part of their interview, and there's a lot of disclosure going on in these forums. If you're going to talk about your interview in detail, you probably should make an effort to hide your identity/consulate.
    100% this.

    I think it is human nature to vent and be be frustrated with aspects of the interview. I don't think there is anything wrong with speaking in generalizations on the website about what has happened to each and every one of you. What would definitely be frowned upon is someone came here and said "Oh the male panelist I had in middle earth consulate was such a jerk to me. He asked me (specific question 1) and (specific question 2). He definitely had it out for me!"

    Middle Earth Consulate might only have one male panelist so it would be very easy to tell who you are talking about. Many coordinators read forums like these, but usually only lurk. So, don't bash specific panelists and don't specify what your questions were and you should be fine.

  13. #73
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    I didn't think saying everything was standard really said much about my interview. Of course I would never post specific questions I was asked or who interviewed me. Is there a way to delete posts? The coordinator from my consulate has already seen and replied to my post, but if that was a breech of privacy I'd like to remove it!
    Do not worry. You have not mentioned anything specific about the interview.

    You merely expressed your thoughts and feelings on the matter. No worries.

  14. #74
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    Ha, if (s)he really is the coordinator from Miami, (s)he's violated her/his end of the deal as well.
    I am most definitely a he!

  15. #75
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    I am most definitely a he!
    Noted :P No offense meant; I couldn't remember if you had specified your sex in any of your posts!
    Alternate - Washington DC

  16. #76

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    Ha, if (s)he really is the coordinator from Miami, (s)he's violated her/his end of the deal as well.
    Maybe so, but miamicoordinator potentially being in violation doesn't make my violation OK. I went ahead and removed my post, although it does show up quoted in another post.

  17. #77
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    Maybe so, but miamicoordinator potentially being in violation doesn't make my violation OK. I went ahead and removed my post, although it does show up quoted in another post.
    Certain things that come up in the interview are a given, so there's really no concern (or at least there shouldn't be) in discussing them. I think what they don't want are things like calling out interviewers by name or any other personal details, or details pertaining to any mock lessons given, or more specific and nuanced questions that may have come up during the interview.
    Last edited by LaVie; February 27th, 2014 at 00:19.
    Alternate - Washington DC

  18. #78

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Do not worry. You have not mentioned anything specific about the interview.

    You merely expressed your thoughts and feelings on the matter. No worries.
    I just saw your reply, whew! Thank you!
    Last edited by kelleycristin; February 27th, 2014 at 00:21.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    Quote Originally Posted by kelleycristin View Post
    Maybe so, but miamicoordinator potentially being in violation doesn't make my violation OK. I went ahead and removed my post, although it does show up quoted in another post.
    I edited my quotation. That will be 50 bitcoins, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  20. #80
    Billy Big Bollocks Ini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    28,763

    Default Re: Soooo.....how was everyone's interview??

    I wouldn't worry too much. It's not as if any of you said one of the panelists was a grey haired old twat.

    yo mike - just for men - make it happen.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •