Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best location in JET

Default Re: Best location in JET

Great posts, thanks! I had put down Kobe City as my first choice and in my interview I was able to back it up when they asked me about it, so I'm really crossing my fingers. I did hear from a friend that Saitama was an armpit, but I'm from NJ, so I guess if I was placed there it'd be like I never moved at all lol jk

I'm going to have to stick up for Tohoku - Akita is smashing.

Before I left the UK I knew nothing about this place but at the event they hosted for the accepted JETs in the London Japan Embassy prior to departure, every Japanese person I met at that party told me the same three things: "Akita is famous for the best rice in Japan, the best sake in Japan and the best women in Japan."

They were spot on about all three - they don't use the expression 秋田美人 for nothing, if you like your ladies looking hot then here is the place for you - (the rest of Tohoku is pretty shitty though... apart from Yamagata, it's not bad.)
    Last edited by kenkennif; March 17th, 2014 at 15:55.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kenkennif View Post
    they don't use the expression 秋田美人 for nothing, if you like your ladies with squeaky voices and stumpy legs then here is the place for you
    akita have been clinging on to that for decades despite the standards of beauty changing. I guess if you want some dwarf who hasnt seen the sun since they were a child then maybe its the place for you.

To be fair, though, everyone in every prefecture parrots that they have the best rice, best sake, best ___.
    Last edited by Page; March 18th, 2014 at 19:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

My prefecture talks up their fugu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Pimpin wenches aint easy BeckyJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    To be fair, though, everyone in every prefecture parrots that they have the best rice, best sake, best ___.
    yup. So take that shit with a grain of salt. BLA BLA BLA has the best pears in Japan, BLA BLA BLA, has one of the 3 best smells in Japan... etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    His dying breath will not be how sorry he is to leave his wife or children, but it will be saved to insult Jiggit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

One thing I know for certain, I am not one of the three best smells in Japan today.

Enkai last night and I nearly missed work this morning, I think I smell like a rotten brewery today!! :\

(Thank god for those stupid masks.)