Thread: Interview Pass Info

Default Interview Pass Info

Heya,

Just wondered if anybody could refresh my memory about when interview results usually come back to you all?
    I've forgotten and I'm too lazy to search for it again - I just wanna know because there are a couple of folks from my area that will be departing this year in the summer and it's always great to stalk the newbies before they get here - there is nothing much else for us to do here up in the frozen north so I can't wait to get started.
    Last edited by kenkennif; March 17th, 2014 at 16:04.

Banned

Default Re: Interview Pass Info

wont get placements for another 3 months

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Pass info should be in the next 4 weeks, they won't get placement until june ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Nice one, thanks.

I got my interview results in mid-April, but like the others have said, the placements won't be out for a while.

american early departure eligible guy here...

dis waitin' is killing me brah. >_>

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Early departure information should have gone out by now, as you're supposed to start at the beginning of april for early departure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by letoastingman View Post
    american early departure eligible guy here...

dis waitin' is killing me brah. >_>
    You're joking right?! Surely the months of torturous waiting is one of the overall highlights the JET programme has to offer - I'd give my left bollock to go through that again!!

says late march - early april on the website. pls dont do this to me m80.

As far as I know, Early Placement information has gone out.

The new JET should have been informed March 11th, information / contact from the contracting organization was allowed anytime beginning March 12th.

My town will be hiring a new April JET this year, and I've already spoken with them on the phone... I'm certain there is some time differences depending on whether that early arrival JET decides to decline the offer.

Man, kinda wish I chose to do early placement if only to lessen this wait time. But then again, no... I know why I decided not to. I still have a job right now and I need time to spend with my family (especially since so many of them are getting married this year). It would have been a hassle to pack up and leave in less than a month.

Good luck to you early placement peeps. Right now I'm jealous of you.

Yeah, I originally applied for early departure, was told I wasn't eligible, and then afterwards realized that I could never be ready to go in like a month, because that would be insanity.

Anyway, early departures typically arrive like at the beginning of April, but you can be sent over any time until June, I think. But there are few ED spots compared to regular departure, so I wouldn't hold my breath about it.
    Last edited by nostos; March 18th, 2014 at 21:27.

Do ED JET's get sent to Tokyo orientation?

There are only like 5 ED JETs every year (I just made that up, but it's not many) so if you applied for early departure you should probably just assume that you'll have to wait for the regular departure.

Yeah EDs get sent to a Tokyo Orientation, apparently China, Korea, Brazil, Peru and some other countries all get sent around this time also. At least that's what last year's guidebook says

Quote Originally Posted by flapjack21 View Post
    Yeah EDs get sent to a Tokyo Orientation, apparently China, Korea, Brazil, Peru and some other countries all get sent around this time also. At least that's what last year's guidebook says
    flapjack if you dont mind me asking where are you from? canada?

I'm from the U.S.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Technically, early departure can happen anytime from april-august.

We get information in waves. We have already notified the first batch of early departure jets. We may or may not receive more early departure candidates before regular departure. That is up to the contracting organizations.

Early departure jets do indeed get their own orientation. However, since there is normally such a small number of people, the overall feeling is quite different compared to regular departurr orientations. You might be the only person from your prefecture there opposed to meeting a few others taking the same train as you.