Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Interac Seminars for Fall 2014 Slots

Default Re: Interac Seminars for Fall 2014 Slots

Quote Originally Posted by Oli0 View Post
    I only had the phone interview with Maria (the UK coordinator), and she's the only person I've corresponded with. I guess I'm a bit surprised, as we were speaking about the in-person interview on the phone, and she told me I could expect a reply in the next few days.
    Yeah. So give them a call during business hours. That way you definitely get an answer rather than risk not getting an email reply.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    Yeah. So give them a call during business hours. That way you definitely get an answer rather than risk not getting an email reply.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Seconded
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Did you check your spam folder? My offer was in there when I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

I gave up with waiting for my university to send me my documents for the COE, therefore i have applied for the Working Holiday Visa. Simon has asked for me to send him a copy when i get it on Monday. Can anyone tell me the next step? Will i know my dept date by this time next week?

shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Turns out I've got a seminar/interview after all. What did everyone do for the warmup in the demo lesson? Sort of desperate not to have to sing, but it seems "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" is the done thing.

Turns out I've got a seminar/interview after all. What did everyone do for the warmup in the demo lesson? Sort of desperate not to have to sing, but it seems "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" is the done thing.
    Yeah, i did HSNT, have you watched the sample video that they sent you?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    Yeah, i did HSNT, have you watched the sample video that they sent you?
    Yeah, the sample video involved a song about numbers, but I figured we're not supposed to copy it completely. Think I might just have to suck it up and do Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes even though singing in front of a camera is basically my worst nightmare! I know it's extremely unoriginal, but do you think they care?

Yeah, the sample video involved a song about numbers, but I figured we're not supposed to copy it completely. Think I might just have to suck it up and do Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes even though singing in front of a camera is basically my worst nightmare! I know it's extremely unoriginal, but do you think they care?
    Its the same thing that i did, they then offered me the job. Then two weeks after that they asked me to re-do the video anyways, so i get the feeling that its not that important...

Maybe this might ease your mind a bit. My recruiter told us during the seminar that it's really not about being original, but it's more about how you are able to follow instructions.

There were 8 people in my seminar, and I personally noticed that the people who just copied the sample video activities were more confident in the way they presented themselves and stumbled less. Not to mention they were more likely to finish the demo within the time frame limit of 6 minutes. I had someone in my group who decided to alter the Shopping dialogue completely with new vocabulary, which seemed like a good idea - but the person wasted so much time trying to get us (who acted as participating students) to repeat the new dialogue and guess her new vocab words that it was cut short.

My advice is to just follow the sample video, but add a bit of your own personality and flair to it. Also if you are going to have audiences, try to predict how your mock students will respond to your activities. And don't be afraid to make mistakes! Long story short, everything that could possibly go wrong in my video DID go wrong. Just find humour in your own mistakes and keep going!
    Last edited by Tarepanda; July 8th, 2014 at 06:17.
    Accepted to Interac: April 30, 2014.

I made up my own song, but copying it will be fine. If you make it to "training", they're going to want you to copy their demonstrations verbatim anyway. Blame their trainers, but individuality was basically stamped out in favor of copying their demos. But it doesn't matter if you're JHS because you will literally not use any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.