Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T Minus one week until we start finding out

Default Re: T Minus one week until we start finding out

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    With the way this site is, I feel the need to ask...are you serious or trolling
    Haha. Nah, I wouldn't troll on this. Especially as I'm waiting for a response

And congrats bird! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    Haha. Nah, I wouldn't troll on this. Especially as I'm waiting for a response

And congrats bird! =)
    Haha sorry to be so cynical :P But with this place you never know!
    Alternate - Washington DC

Damn...Detroit or some other consulate?
    Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    And congrats bird! =)
    Thanks
    Last edited by itsabird; April 1st, 2014 at 05:08.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

I've kinda hit a zone where I can't believe we've actually arrived at the point in which answers are being released. I still feel like I have another month to wait. I've been waiting so long I can't believe when the wait is almost over. D:

I just got my results too (Atlanta).

Boston results are in too.

Ugh. I can't take this. I'm gonna be checking my email way too much the next couple of days if my location doesn't release results soonish.

Haven't heard a thing yet from Canada...

Yeah, nothing yet from the Toronto consulate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

I somehow have a feeling that the Japanese Embassy is going to take the longest. D:

lurktastic!

A friend of mine from Portland got her acceptance email today. Silence from another friend of mine who interviewed at the same consulate. I hope it's "I'm so busy jumping for joy I forgot to email everyone" silence. :/

Australia has been e-mailed stating results will be out this week. When I got the similar e-mail stating whether we got an interview or not, the letter arrived the next day.
    Good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by SticksPrime View Post
    Australia has been e-mailed stating results will be out this week. When I got the similar e-mail stating whether we got an interview or not, the letter arrived the next day.
    Good luck to all
    I was the other way around. My interview email arrived after my letter! Can I hope there's mail waiting for me at home?!

Quote Originally Posted by whoopy View Post
    For some reason I feel incredibly confident. I wish everybody the best of luck and remember, when god closes a door he opens a window...
    I thought it was that when one door closes another one opens? We don't want any unsuccessful applicants jumping out of windows now!

Never heard it with windows either. Would "coming in through the window" be coming here on a tourist visa to illegally search for employment?

Neither of those expressions make any sense though. Either you close all your doors or you leave them open randomly. No-one goes to open another door just because they closed one. Does god just not understand how doors work?

Quote Originally Posted by whoopy View Post
    For some reason I feel incredibly confident. I wish everybody the best of luck and remember, when god closes a door he opens a window...
    Man, I wish I felt confident. I waver between thinking I'll be alternated when I'm feeling positive to thinking I'm getting a rejection when I'm not. I almost can't even comprehend being short-listed. So congrats to those of you who are.

Same, HorseFeathers (marx bros reference?) - I try not to let myself imagine being shortlisted cause I'll be crushed already as it is if I'm not~ I'm just in a constant state of limbo mentally, obsessing but also trying not to think about it... Recently though I've been feeling a bit better about the idea of not getting on cause there are other things I'd like to do as well

Quote Originally Posted by buh View Post
    Same, HorseFeathers (marx bros reference?) - I try not to let myself imagine being shortlisted cause I'll be crushed already as it is if I'm not~ I'm just in a constant state of limbo mentally, obsessing but also trying not to think about it... Recently though I've been feeling a bit better about the idea of not getting on cause there are other things I'd like to do as well
    Which consulate are you waiting on?
    I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst... I did find out yesterday that my plan B came through, so if nothing else I can look forward to spending around a year in France teaching. Should help for the next round of JET intakes.

Which consulate are you waiting on?
    I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst... I did find out yesterday that my plan B came through, so if nothing else I can look forward to spending around a year in France teaching. Should help for the next round of JET intakes.
    Wow! How did you manage that? I thought it was next to impossible to teach in the western european countries if you were from the US.

And no, my username isn't a marx bros reference (or at least it wasn't meant to be). It's actually really old slang that loosely means BS. My sister and I love to use old 50s slang as usernames. She usually runs around as spifflicated which means extremely drunk.
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; April 3rd, 2014 at 00:51.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    Wow! How did you manage that? I thought it was next to impossible to teach in the western european countries if you were from the US.
    It's a teaching exchange program, sort of like JET only it barely pays anything-just enough for you to plausibly scrape by on. And it's only for a year. You're correct though, in most circumstances to be a teacher in the EU you have to be an EU citizen! Though, it is fairly easy to get citizenship if you have a degree from a university in France (not sure about other EU countries though).