Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Results are In

Default Re: Results are In

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    Oh great. I regret taking jobs this week. I'm going to be a basket case if my location waits until the last day.

Does anyone know if they are holding rejection letters or sending them out along with all the short-listed/alternate results?
    From what I've heard all emails from the consulate get sent out at the same time, even if you are rejected.

Congratulations to all those accepted, and Alternates, don't lose hope! Many ITILers were alternates as well!
    ...because Japan.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat-finch View Post
    From what I've heard all emails from the consulate get sent out at the same time, even if you are rejected.
    Not quite.

We do try to send notifications around the same time to prevent chaos and havoc. We just received the results this morning from Japan. Some of the coordinators were busy doing other projects and were unable to send out notifications. Normally we would all wait, but some of our bosses told us to send them today regardless of what the other coordinators were up to.

Everyone WILL receive an email this week, whether it is rejection, short-list or alternate. No one will be left in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Not quite.

We do try to send notifications around the same time to prevent chaos and havoc. We just received the results this morning from Japan. Some of the coordinators were busy doing other projects and were unable to send out notifications. Normally we would all wait, but some of our bosses told us to send them today regardless of what the other coordinators were up to.

Everyone WILL receive an email this week, whether it is rejection, short-list or alternate. No one will be left in the dark.
    Do you know if ALL consulates received results today? Or is it possible that Japan sends the results out to different consulates at different times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

Quote Originally Posted by spman2099 View Post
    Do you know if ALL consulates received results today? Or is it possible that Japan sends the results out to different consulates at different times?
    We all got them today in the morning.

No one will be left in the dark.
    Except alternates. Kind of sort of.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Not quite.

Right. What I meant was that one consulate will notify everyone who interviewed at that office at the same time. Meaning that I will be notified at the same time as everyone else who interviewed in San Francisco, whether or not I actually get in. Is this not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat-finch View Post
    Right. What I meant was that one consulate will notify everyone who interviewed at that office at the same time. Meaning that I will be notified at the same time as everyone else who interviewed in San Francisco, whether or not I actually get in. Is this not correct?
    Correct. You should. It would only depend on how many emails the coordinator is sending out, and how he does it. If he does one by one, it will take a while, but one mass email will be quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    Except alternates. Kind of sort of.
    This feeling is understandable.

Trust me, even we are kept into the dark with some of the workings of how lists are selected and such. Its as much of a pain for us as it us for you guys.

This feeling is understandable.

Trust me, even we are kept into the dark with some of the workings of how lists are selected and such. Its as much of a pain for us as it us for you guys.
    Do you feel like you have a good knowledge of who will be picked when you send the applications/interview scores off or is it a big surprise for you guys as well?

Professional Fun Killer hypatia's Avatar

Woo hoo! Houston results went out at 5:30, which surprised me. Short listed, huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmanio View Post
    Do you feel like you have a good knowledge of who will be picked when you send the applications/interview scores off or is it a big surprise for you guys as well?
    All we have an idea of is who are picks are according to the recommendation list we send Tokyo. After that, it is up to them to decide whether or not they agree with what we say, and who we recommend. I had people I thought would be shortlisted for sure, and unfortunately, they weren't
    Was a rough day for me.

All we have an idea of is who are picks are according to the recommendation list we send Tokyo. After that, it is up to them to decide whether or not they agree with what we say, and who we recommend. I had people I thought would be shortlisted for sure, and unfortunately, they weren't
    Was a rough day for me.
    Maybe we should break this out and sticky it with the other application advice... If even the people running the interviews have no idea how Tokyo selects ALTs, what hope does anyone else have
    ...because Japan.

Miamicoordinator, what percentage in a given year do alternates send in the paperwork to stay? Of that, about what percentage actually get upgraded? Or your rough estimate of maybe the past year or two since I'm sure it changes a decent bit every year.

Quote Originally Posted by dstin View Post
    Miamicoordinator, what percentage in a given year do alternates send in the paperwork to stay? Of that, about what percentage actually get upgraded? Or your rough estimate of maybe the past year or two since I'm sure it changes a decent bit every year.
    We always have alternates that do not send in reply forms or other paperwork because they dont think it is worth it. Its sad because sometimes they would be the next person upgraded if they had just sent in their paperwork.

As for how many actually get upgraded, it really varies from year to year. It depends on how many short listers decline their positions or drop out of the program after placement. In anothe lr thread i mentioned sometimes we have a lot of upgrades, other years not so much.

Last year miami upgraded about 9 people. We had quite a few more people on our alternate list though. Percentages are harder because if i only had 15 people on my alternate list, 9 would be what, 65% or something, but if there was 30 people on my alternate list, 9 would be 28% or so. Thats why percentages are not worth thinking about because with jet, everything changes so much from year to year.

If you are an alternate, just keep with it. Try not to worry too much. At this point, you are really at the mercy of the shortlisters unfortunately. If they decline, then you might get a shot.

Many people want to know what position they are on the list to know their chances. We technically cant give you what number on the list you are because we do not always upgrade according to who is next. Tokyo might request someone with a specific skillset who is lower than you, and they might get to go first. Thats why we hesitate to say "you are next!" Cause even if you are, it doesnt mean you have a greater chance of going.

Hope this helps.

We always have alternates that do not send in reply forms or other paperwork because they dont think it is worth it. Its sad because sometimes they would be the next person upgraded if they had just sent in their paperwork.

As for how many actually get upgraded, it really varies from year to year. It depends on how many short listers decline their positions or drop out of the program after placement. In anothe lr thread i mentioned sometimes we have a lot of upgrades, other years not so much.

Last year miami upgraded about 9 people. We had quite a few more people on our alternate list though. Percentages are harder because if i only had 15 people on my alternate list, 9 would be what, 65% or something, but if there was 30 people on my alternate list, 9 would be 28% or so. Thats why percentages are not worth thinking about because with jet, everything changes so much from year to year.

If you are an alternate, just keep with it. Try not to worry too much. At this point, you are really at the mercy of the shortlisters unfortunately. If they decline, then you might get a shot.

Many people want to know what position they are on the list to know their chances. We technically cant give you what number on the list you are because we do not always upgrade according to who is next. Tokyo might request someone with a specific skillset who is lower than you, and they might get to go first. Thats why we hesitate to say "you are next!" Cause even if you are, it doesnt mean you have a greater chance of going.

Hope this helps.
    That being said.... Am I next? Just kidding.

I'm sure I'll try to pry out SOME sort of information when I drop off my papers at the consulate, regardless of how trivial the information might be (since as you said, the list doesn't always go in order).

To any other alternates, best of luck if you're staying in the pool! And don't mistakenly send your acceptance reply to everyone else .

lurktastic!

Portland's in!

What times were the emails sent to you? I'm trying to gauge when to expect this email from Chicago! AHHHH!

lurktastic!

My friends (Portland) got theirs a few hours ago.

Default SG results out

Just received my email.. alternate, yikes sighhh was really hoping to get it this year. Was alternate last year too
    Using Tapatalk