Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Results are In

Default Re: Results are In

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    I think the whole east coast will get theirs before DC releases their list.
    Starting to think that too. It can't be that much longer though!!
    Alternate - Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    Starting to think that too. It can't be that much longer though!!
    Less than a half hour left. Yeah... probably not happening today. This wait is just miserable. I wish I didn't know that everyone else was getting their results this week.

Short-listed from San Francisco! So excited!

With ten minutes left, I'm losing hope of receiving my notice today. Ugh. I really don't look forward to doing this all again tomorrow.

Are there any other US locations aside from DC who are still waiting for replies?

I'm despising my NO MAIL message on my inbox unjustly today. No answer from the DC embassy. But apparently consulates of Houston, Detroit, Miami, Portland, Atlanta, New York, San Fran and Boston have heard back. Am I missing any others? I think that makes 9 out of 15 informed.

Just curious which ones are still waiting with us DC people. Any news from Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver or the consulates in Alaska or Hawaii?
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; April 2nd, 2014 at 06:46.

LA Consulate results just came in Congrats to all who got short-listed, good luck to alternates, and to the rest of you waiting just know it'll be over soon
    Last edited by Corvus; April 2nd, 2014 at 06:50.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    I'm despising my NO MAIL message on my inbox unjustly today. No answer from the DC embassy. But apparently consulates of Houston, Detroit, Miami, Portland, Atlanta, New York, San Fran and Boston have heard back. Am I missing any others? I think that makes 9 out of 15 informed.

Just curious which ones are still waiting with us DC people. Any news from Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver or the consulates in Alaska or Hawaii?
    Nothing in Seattle yet. The wait is miserable; I think my adrenaline glands are working double-time.

Declined from Los Angeles. I knew the interview killed me. I guess next year.

Short-listed from Nashville as of 2:30 this afternoon.

Wow, was REALLY not expecting to see anything this serious in my inox today. Anyway, I was made an alternate, from LA.

Quote Originally Posted by osakavamp View Post
    Nothing in Seattle yet. The wait is miserable; I think my adrenaline glands are working double-time.
    Totally sympathize. Every time a piece of junk mail blings its way into my mailbox, my heart skips a beat. And then I'm ultimately ticked off at whatever spam I just got. Youtube and Facebook have been the bane of my existence today.

Denver consulate here. I got the email yesterday around 5:30.
    Last edited by 000; April 2nd, 2014 at 08:13.

No word from the Guam Consulate but it's the morning of April 2nd, so I have all day to sweat it out lol. Congrats to the Short-listers!

The timing of the results did give me a chance to prank my friends on Facebook. So at least something amusing came out of not having the answer yet.

Guam results are in. I was Short-listed!

Quote Originally Posted by par92186 View Post
    Guam results are in. I was Short-listed!
    Congrats :]
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Congratulations to everyone who have been shortlisted/alternated so far. I wish it wasn't already too late to be hovering over my email box. I really hope I'm not waiting until April 3rd to hear something. Especially if that something is a rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Sorry I did not get to this earlier. You can imagine how busy it is here right now!

What Shincantsen and Gizmo said is pretty accurate for the most part.

Most upgrades happen from April-June. This is when people initially accept/decline for whatever personal reasons they have. They might also not like their placement and drop out after finding out where they are going. Placement notifications usually roll out sometime in June. I would say a good majority of the upgrades happen during the first few months. They do come in waves, as said here.

The Upgrade window from August to December is definitely smaller, but they do often on a yearly basis. Many people get to Japan, find out they don't like it as much as they thought they would. Maybe they don't like their contracting organization, and just bail. There are many reasons people leave. I had an upgrade here in late November of last year, so they do happen when you would least expect them.

Of course, since JET applications are due in November/December, many alternates just apply again for the next year anyway since it might be a goal of theirs. The best thing you can do if you are in limbo is work on strengthening your application. Maybe add some teaching experience, volunteers hours, Japanese ability, whatever it may be. Definitely don't sit around and do nothing and appear exactly the same as you were this year.

There are lots of reasons why someone is on the alternate list, but it basically means that others just scored higher than you during their interviews. You could have been a great candidate, but maybe someone else was just a pinch better and put you under the line.

Hope this helps.
    Sorry if you are being bombarded with questions. I have just received an Alternate Status from the San Francisco consulate. I did apply for the Early Departure though and am wondering if I am to be upgraded if that is still in effect. As in, if I happen to find out tomorrow that someone dropped out will I still be set for Early Departure or will it be reset to leave at the Regular Departure time with the majority of new JETs? Thank you.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

If you're upgraded at this point you are either going with the regular group or later than them. Afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Is it just me or does it seem like they are going in groups of 5? Still nothing from the Seattle consulate...

miamicoordinator, do you know what could possibly be holding things up at consulates that have not yet contacted their applicants?