Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Results are In

Default Re: Results are In

Quote Originally Posted by osakavamp View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like they are going in groups of 5? Still nothing from the Seattle consulate...

miamicoordinator, do you know what could possibly be holding things up at consulates that have not yet contacted their applicants?
    Hey Osaka,

I wouldn't hold my breath for Seattle or ask miamicoordinator what could be holding up the other consulates. Basically, it could be anything. But I was an applicant through Seattle last year and we were the LAST OF THE LAST to find out, both about interview results and placements. Even application results, too, if I remember correctly. I think they take their time getting everything in line. I was on the forums waiting and obsessively checking my email, of course, but speculation at this point is useless. Just expect not to hear this week, and if you do, be completely surprised and excited. I wish someone had told me the same last year (as painful as it is to be the last to hear!).

And, of course, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by windar View Post
    Hey Osaka,

I wouldn't hold my breath for Seattle or ask miamicoordinator what could be holding up the other consulates. Basically, it could be anything. But I was an applicant through Seattle last year and we were the LAST OF THE LAST to find out, both about interview results and placements. Even application results, too, if I remember correctly. I think they take their time getting everything in line. I was on the forums waiting and obsessively checking my email, of course, but speculation at this point is useless. Just expect not to hear this week, and if you do, be completely surprised and excited. I wish someone had told me the same last year (as painful as it is to be the last to hear!).

And, of course, good luck!
    Thanks or the advice. It really does help. Fate would dictate that I would interview through the slowpoke consulate. Uggggh. I do hope I hear this week though... But you definitely described me in terms of obsessively checking email and forums. Your message will definitely help me cool my jets. Thanks again.

short-listed!

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    With ten minutes left, I'm losing hope of receiving my notice today. Ugh. I really don't look forward to doing this all again tomorrow.

Are there any other US locations aside from DC who are still waiting for replies?
    HorseFeathers,

I applied through the DC Consulate last year. If it makes you feel any better they were a bit later than others and they called people instead of emailing. So maybe watch your phone as well? I received a phone call informing me of my acceptance.

Deep breath! Best of luck!

Hello everyone! Shortlisted from Detroit. So ecstatic!! Congratulations to everyone who's also been shortlisted and to all the alternates and those who were unfortunately denied, do not give up!

Quote Originally Posted by eminate View Post
    short-listed!
    Congrats!!!
    Last edited by Bi-Kun; April 2nd, 2014 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    I'm despising my NO MAIL message on my inbox unjustly today. No answer from the DC embassy. But apparently consulates of Houston, Detroit, Miami, Portland, Atlanta, New York, San Fran and Boston have heard back. Am I missing any others? I think that makes 9 out of 15 informed.

Just curious which ones are still waiting with us DC people. Any news from Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver or the consulates in Alaska or Hawaii?
    If I've gathered all the info correctly, the only US Consulates who don't have results so far are Honolulu, Anchorage, Seattle and then the Embassy in DC. Here's hoping to our results coming out tomorrow, whatever they may be. I've been distracted by this all dayand have completely neglected any school work. Whoops...
    Last edited by LaVie; April 2nd, 2014 at 12:58.
    Alternate - Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    If I've gathered all the info correctly, the only US Consulates who don't have results so far are Honolulu, Anchorage, Seattle and then the Embassy in DC. Here's hoping to our results coming out tomorrow, whatever they may be. I've been distracted by this all dayand have completely neglected any school work. Whoops...
    I heard a Honolulu CIR received their shortlist notification.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

short-listed!
    I'm glad for ya. Another ITIL success story
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Ahhh, I shouldn't have checked ITIL today T.T now I know I'll find out in the next couple of days. Would have been better if it came as a surprise I think. The anticipation is already killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an excellent day at work and in my emails! Sweet.
    Congrats, everyone!

short-listed!
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post

We just received the results this morning from Japan.
    When you say we, do you mean just American consulates or all? Does that include the UK?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    When you say we, do you mean just American consulates or all? Does that include the UK?
    I do not communicate with the coordinators from other countries."we" meant u.s. consulates and embassy. Sorry for the confusion.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osakavamp View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like they are going in groups of 5? Still nothing from the Seattle consulate...

miamicoordinator, do you know what could possibly be holding things up at consulates that have not yet contacted their applicants?
    The problem is, many of us coordinators have other responsibilities at the consulate. For example, im in charge of MEXT scholarships, school visits and culture events, plus jet.

Also some consulates have way more applicants than others. Its easier to contact 20 people opposed to 120.

I think we were all going to try and have the results out by latest today. It should not be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarief09 View Post
    HorseFeathers,

I applied through the DC Consulate last year. If it makes you feel any better they were a bit later than others and they called people instead of emailing. So maybe watch your phone as well? I received a phone call informing me of my acceptance.

Deep breath! Best of luck!
    So starts another day of waiting. Thanks for the tip mmarief09. I'll keep my phone near me too. In the meantime, I'm off to take a nap. Here's hoping that makes the day go by faster.

CIR applicant from the UK eagerly waiting on a reply here. Though reading another thread, it seems like they're going the snail mail route in the UK, and we won't know until next week. Boo! D: Anyway, congratulations to all successful applicants! Had three American friends who applied. One was shortlisted, one was placed in reserve, and one was unfortunately rejected. So over the last day I've vicariously experienced all three potential outcomes. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for both myself and others waiting on replies!

Boston just sent out paperwork! Time to call in 'sick' to get my prints taken

Nothing from canada yet. We are officially the last?! Not even any information that the results are in to the coordinators

So, the email they sent out for alternates (and I'm assuming shortlisters as well) mentioned that they're going to send us paperwork to fill out soon. Does anyone know if it will come by email or regular post? Asking for the US here. I won't be home till the end of the week at least so I'm a bit nervous that it'll come by snail-mail and I'll be delayed in sending it in.

Okay guys. We are closing on the tail end of today. I'm gonna be really upset if I have to wait all of tomorrow too. Especially if they might call (since I'll be at work tomorrow and unable to answer the phone). Here's hoping I get my answer in the next two hours.