Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Results are In

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Results are In

Just got my email that I was accepted. I suppose everyone will be getting theirs soon. I guess the next order of business is to speculate where you'll be placed.
    rwar

Default Re: Results are In

Congrats! Looks like Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta have sent out notifications so far.

Congratulations US people! I'm hoping that we're going to hear tomorrow in the UK. Waiting on tenterhooks.

Chiming in from Boston! I am a shortlisted ALT congratulations to everyone else who made it.

I got alternate...was kind of expecting this, but not sure how to feel. I guess it's better than being outright rejected. Congrats to you shortlisters though!

Wow, so at least three consulates today!! Congrats to those who got in\alternated! Still waiting to hear from DC. Probably won't be tonight :P
    Alternate - Washington DC

I'm right there with you LaVie. Waiting on the embassy.

I am ready for the wait to be over, but I am not ready at all to receive the result. I could be a little crushed if I don't make it in.
    Last edited by spman2099; April 1st, 2014 at 07:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

Quote Originally Posted by spman2099 View Post
    I am ready for the wait to be over, but I am not ready at all to receive the result. I could be a little crushed if I don't make it in.
    This. I want to get in, but even if I don't, I will be glad to have this sense of unease gone....

of course, that's assuming we don't get the 'alternate' status XD

Hop on board the alternate wait train *toot toot*

In other news, Houston also got their results.

Another one. So that's like what... five now? Do you think all results are being sent tonight then? There are a ton of consulates sending their results out. I mean I don't know how these things roll. I imagine some states may take longer with their results than others.

I'd have to think my location would be sending out tomorrow. It's already so late in the evening here.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseFeathers View Post
    Another one. So that's like what... five now? Do you think all results are being sent tonight then? There are a ton of consulates sending their results out. I mean I don't know how these things roll. I imagine some states may take longer with their results than others.

I'd have to think my location would be sending out tomorrow. It's already so late in the evening here.
    I would be very surprised if anyone else received any results today. Surely the consulate won't be open after 6.

Boo. Then I guess I can give my email a rest for tonight.

Yeah, I just checked. Closed at 5:30. So I guess I'll just have to stay nervous for another day or so.
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; April 1st, 2014 at 07:57.

Last results go out April 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rwar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedirust View Post
    Last results go out April 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, this could still be an awfully long wait for some of us...

Quote Originally Posted by spman2099 View Post
    Yeah, this could still be an awfully long wait for some of us...
    Oh great. I regret taking jobs this week. I'm going to be a basket case if my location waits until the last day.

Does anyone know if they are holding rejection letters or sending them out along with all the short-listed/alternate results?
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; April 1st, 2014 at 08:12.

Oh great. I regret taking jobs this week. I'm going to be a basket case if my location waits until the last day.
    It might be better to have something to do! I only have one day of class this week (Thursday) so I'll be idle at home pretending to finish up my senior thesis while actually checking emails ever 2 minutes. :P
    Alternate - Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    It might be better to have something to do! I only have one day of class this week (Thursday) so I'll be idle at home pretending to finish up my senior thesis while actually checking emails ever 2 minutes. :P
    True. I didn't think of that. I'm subbing for a Kindergarten class so I assume they'll keep me on my toes. I rarely get a moment to breathe whenever I take that sort of job. And it's only a half day. So half the day I distract myself with work. The other half, I'll obsess over my email box until it arrives or 5:30 strikes with yet another empty mailbox.

The funny thing is, every time someone posts here, I get an email. So my heart does a frantic flip every time I see one of those notices until I realize that it's from here and not JET.
    Last edited by HorseFeathers; April 1st, 2014 at 08:19.

Does anyone know if they are holding rejection letters or sending them out along with all the short-listed/alternate results?
    From what I've heard all emails from the consulate get sent out at the same time, even if you are rejected.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat-finch View Post
    From what I've heard all emails from the consulate get sent out at the same time, even if you are rejected.
    Not quite.

We do try to send notifications around the same time to prevent chaos and havoc. We just received the results this morning from Japan. Some of the coordinators were busy doing other projects and were unable to send out notifications. Normally we would all wait, but some of our bosses told us to send them today regardless of what the other coordinators were up to.

Everyone WILL receive an email this week, whether it is rejection, short-list or alternate. No one will be left in the dark.