Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Results are In

Default Re: Results are In

From Ireland and I managed to get short listed!

Wasn't given any info regarding which group Irish JETs are departing with, just a deadline for submitting paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlejin View Post
    Shortlisted from the Seattle consulate. That was a brutal weekend of waiting.
    Congrats, friend.

all my paperwork has been submitted to accept my Shortlist position. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up lol. How are others fairing on their submissions?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Quote Originally Posted by par92186 View Post
    all my paperwork has been submitted to accept my Shortlist position. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up lol. How are others fairing on their submissions?
    All of the shortlist paperwork has been sent in, and now I'm just waiting to make sure everything arrived and all of my government forms are processed in time. I feel like I've holding my breath since October.

I've had my paperwork all filled out (and delivered) since the day after receiving notification that I was an alternate. Just waiting for a miracle to happen while looking into backup plans in the event I have to reapply for next year.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

A good chunk of shortlisters drop out. It really varies and is dependent on many circumstances, but I feel confident in saying that at least 10% of short list candidates drop out, and as high as 20-30% may drop out (was probably even higher during the 2011 disaster).

It's a bummer being an alternate. I know the feels man.

For your information though, in my case there were 4 or 5 people upgraded out of a total 20, which is 25%! :P It's very good that you're planning alternative options though. You're doing your sanity a favour
    Last edited by Kdes23; April 14th, 2014 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdes23 View Post
    A good chunk of shortlisters drop out. It really varies and is dependent on many circumstances, but I feel confident in saying that at least 10% of short list candidates drop out, and as high as 20-30% may drop out (was probably even higher during the 2011 disaster).

It's a bummer being an alternate. I know the feels man.

For your information though, in my case there were 4 or 5 people upgraded out of a total 20, which is 25%! :P It's very good that you're planning alternative options though. You're doing your sanity a favour
    It's too bad it's been said in previous posts from my consulate that Miami didn't get too many spots:

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Miami unfortunately did not have a lot of short-listers this year.
    Few more weeks until things start rolling again though! I've got group projects to finish up that should keep me relatively busy enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by itsabird; April 14th, 2014 at 14:42.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Yunishkai View Post
    Got the short-listed call from the Washington, DC consulate while heading home from skipping English class. (... Almost a week later and I am still in disbelief.)
    It's a small world after all. Congrats~! DDD

I just got an upgrade. Singapore ALT here.
    Using Tapatalk