Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

I don't think the people who didn't get an email need to lose hope! No one knows what the email means right now.. the one thing we do know is that they're going to send letters soon!

Checked my junk, nothing in there. I know one person from the West Midlands did get an email, so that maybe that idea gone....
    Oh god, i hope its tomorrow, i can't concentrate on my Diss!

Haha, fingers crossed for tomorrow! I'm just hoping I don't receive an empty envelope...

Good luck to everyone!

W. West Mids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocaoca View Post
    W. West Mids.
    Are you Martin on the fb group that i was just talking to? Im Kathryn.

**Edit, sorry i just noticed the W would be your surname...

That means it might be a regional thing*
    Last edited by sharpinthefang; April 4th, 2014 at 05:46.

Haha. I'm a girl, so nope. I'm also not in the FB group. Figured it would be too tough on my sanity.

I didn't receive an email and my perm address is Newcastle but my temp one is Canterbury, Kent so I don't know what will be chosen. Also my name is H
    Last edited by Sunshine_Anomie; April 4th, 2014 at 06:11.

I wouldn't read into it. They'll have more than one person putting everything together and it sounds to me like one pile was ready to send while the other wasn't. It could be arranged by anything, candidate numbers, interview days, points on application or any random selection of ways. I would just hold hope until you get your letter.

I too recieved an email... and believed it was a positive thing. However, the more I think about it and the more people admit to getting an email, makes me wonder that the high volume of email recipients may mean that we could be alternates.

Although, if it is a unsuccessful letter, why would they need to send more than one document if it is a no?

It could just be a mishap through the fault of the embassy... who knows! We're getting answers soon, thats the main thing I guess!
    Last edited by ninja_raj; April 4th, 2014 at 06:19. Reason: missed something out

Very true Ocaoca! (Try to) Maintain positivity guys!

My grammar is atrocious.

First time post after having been a reader throughout my application process.

I received the e-mail as well and it can probably be taken as meaning a thousand and one things. My gut instinct would be that it could be an acceptance/alternate letter due to missing a page out of a stack (if the rejection letter is a page or two the error would have been harder to make) but it's probably best not to let your imagination run away with things and get your hopes up.

Likewise, there's probably no rhyme or reason for who has the missing page, what their name is or where they live. Will be interesting to check back tomorrow to see if there is, and the e-mail recipients did or didn't get in. I'll obviously be hoping we did.

It might seem like the pool of people here receiving the missing page e-mail is quite high and therefore the stats wouldn't add up to us all being shortlisted/alternates based on acceptance rates. I would say that the people who post here don't exactly add up to being a random sample of applications, so potentially our results would be quite similar and not as diverse as that random sample would be. If that makes sense. Counting back over the thread and, after a rough count, I think only five of us are missing e-mailers - it's not that high a number.

Yes, I know I just told you all not to over-think it, and now I have gone and done overthunk it too.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow or Saturday, as it's a-coming soon.
    Last edited by RancidBadger; April 4th, 2014 at 08:36.

Thanks rancidbadger! You're right, there's so many possibilities. I think the waiting is making us go a little crazy! But we will have answers soon! Let's not all attack the posties at once tomorrow/Saturday! Good luck!

Im missing the pokemon event at my local GAME and with my uni society as im going to attack/kill the postman tomorrow as they don't have a standard time to turn up....

Haha! I'm starting to dread it a little....

Let's hope these letters arrive today...

I don't know how I'll cope if they don't come today, after email-gate. I already had a troubled night's sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    I don't know how I'll cope if they don't come today, after email-gate. I already had a troubled night's sleep
    Yeah same, the noises coming from my housemate's room didn't help either.

Hey guys... I got my letter.... I've been shortlisted!

I just got my letter - shortlisted as well!

I was a missing e-mailer (I think ninja_raj was one too?), so wonder if it means good news for the others.
    Last edited by RancidBadger; April 4th, 2014 at 18:21.