Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Congratulations!!!!

I was! Fingers crossed for the rest of you guys!

Congratulations guys!!!

Still waiting on the mail here in Scotland. Really hope it gets here today. Many congratulations to those who already got their acceptance letters! I'm not about to jump to the conclusion that because I didn't get an email either I must have been shortlisted, but it's certainly nice to know for sure that not getting one doesn't necessarily mean that I've been rejected.

EDIT: Oh, rereading the thread, apparently the two people who were accepted so far did get the email. Oh well. Back to worrying! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    I don't know how I'll cope if they don't come today, after email-gate. I already had a troubled night's sleep
    Haha, I was already thinking of it as "email-gate" in my head as well. And ditto. Not exactly the best of sleeps last night, to put it lightly.
    Last edited by Mimi; April 4th, 2014 at 18:52.

I think the fact myself and Ninja are two people who both got the missing page e-mail and now both are short-listed seems to suggest that if you got that e-mail you haven't been rejected outright (though you may be an alternate). There were quite a few sheets in my letter pack.

Though just because you haven't got the e-mail doesn't mean you weren't short-listed it could be one person's error rather than the whole batch.

I'M SHORTLISTED!!!! Can't actually believe it... I was sure I'd either be an alternate or rejected. For anyone that hasn't got a letter yet, I rang my parents and the letter had been delivered there so if you've got a temporary and permanent address try contacting someone at the other one?

Postman has been and gone with no letter for me. So another 22 hour wait... =/

But congrats to those that are shortlisted! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

Quote Originally Posted by RancidBadger View Post
    I think the fact myself and Ninja are two people who both got the missing page e-mail and now both are short-listed seems to suggest that if you got that e-mail you haven't been rejected outright (though you may be an alternate). There were quite a few sheets in my letter pack.

Though just because you haven't got the e-mail doesn't mean you weren't short-listed it could be one person's error rather than the whole batch.
    Yeah, I misinterpreted "missing e-mailer" as meaning people who didn't get the email. Oops. Will be keeping my fingers crossed, anyway. Just hope it comes today! The thought of another 20+ hours of this is not one that I relish.

Well done, anyway!
    Last edited by Mimi; April 4th, 2014 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Nell View Post
    I'M SHORTLISTED!!!! Can't actually believe it... I was sure I'd either be an alternate or rejected. For anyone that hasn't got a letter yet, I rang my parents and the letter had been delivered there so if you've got a temporary and permanent address try contacting someone at the other one?
    Argh, why wouldn't they send it to both?! I want to open it in person not have my mum do it over the phone. Though I think if she does have it I'm getting on the first train home hahahaha.
    Last edited by Moso; April 4th, 2014 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    Argh, why wouldn't they send it to both?! I want to open it in person not have my mum do it over the phone. Though I think if she does have it I'm getting on the first train home hahahaha.
    I think as long as you list both addresses then you get a letter sent to each, but I think post takes longer depending where you live. I got my mum to open mine over the phone, thank god she gave me the result straight-up rather than be like "I'm really sorry... lol just kidding."

Obviously hard to answer but has anyone received any rejection letters today? They might only be sending out letters to successful candidates...

Only three or four people seem to have received replies, and all were short-listed.

Seems weird that we have so few letters back (you would think more would he delivered today) and no alternates or rejections.

Saying that, my letter came through as I was literally walking out the door to work, so many people may not be home now.

They have changed uk postal times to around midday, as RM didn't want to pay un-savoury hours for early morning deliveries, so most people won't know till the y get in from work.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidBadger View Post
    Only three or four people seem to have received replies, and all were short-listed.

Seems weird that we have so few letters back (you would think more would he delivered today) and no alternates or rejections.

Saying that, my letter came through as I was literally walking out the door to work, so many people may not be home now.
    Yeah I am thinking they will of prioritised successful candidates. Damn third use of the postal service... What's wrong with emails

Postie's been and gone nowt. Has anyone else oop north received anything?

The postman has just walked straight past my house. Curses. All those hours spent staring out the window for nothing.

Question: Did the applicant data get sent to the London embassy or Edinburgh consulate depending on where you interviewed? Has anyone that interviewed in Edinburgh heard anything?

I am up in the North East and I obviously have mine. I interviewed in London.

Im in Plymouth and Wiltshire, and neither house has received any post today so far... which i refuse to believe.

**Edit, Wiltshire has just had their post and nothing for me... Just waiting on the Plymouth postman now
    Last edited by sharpinthefang; April 4th, 2014 at 22:05.

Received my letter through the post today (I'm in Wales) and got shortlisted! and I'm a bit of a mess- can't quite believe it. I was certain I'd bombed the interview and grammar test...

Congrats to everyone else who made it! -and 'hang in there' to those who are still waiting on replies.

Had the post here in Gloucestershire and nothing. Don't have the number of anyone in my flat to check my Birmingham address either. No e-mail. You lot make me so nervous!

EDIT: For those who've been shortlisted, could you please say if you received the e-mail or not? Just one shortlisted who didn't have the e-mail would calm me down.
    Last edited by Illuria; April 4th, 2014 at 22:27.