Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

It's looking like ONLY the people that had an email yesterday will get any news today. Most likely they had a pile of short-listers with a document missing and someone mistakenly sent them out thinking they were ready.

But NEVER FEAR! This probably means, if you haven't had news already, that they realised their mistake and are waiting for the extra document to be available and photocopied before they send the rest of the replies out.

Please don't say that. I really REALLY cannot handle another day of waiting. Its driving me mad and i can't concentrate on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by katiekookaburra View Post
    It's looking like ONLY the people that had an email yesterday will get any news today. Most likely they had a pile of short-listers with a document missing and someone mistakenly sent them out thinking they were ready.

But NEVER FEAR! This probably means, if you haven't had news already, that they realised their mistake and are waiting for the extra document to be available and photocopied before they send the rest of the replies out.
    very true.

It looks like the missing document was the Health Certificate that is sent to shortlisted and alternates. I just received an e-mail with an electronic copy if it.....ANNNND post still hasn't arrived. So I'm in a weird limbo.

Well done to those who were accepted !!

No post for me in Newcastle and I am waiting on Canterbury's postman (going to attack him)

Quote Originally Posted by mondilshan View Post
    very true.

It looks like the missing document was the Health Certificate that is sent to shortlisted and alternates. I just received an e-mail with an electronic copy if it.....ANNNND post still hasn't arrived. So I'm in a weird limbo.

Well done to those who were accepted !!
    I'd take that as very very good news personally. Why would they send you your Health Certificate if you'd been rejected?

Still waiting for my letter :C

Those who have received them though - you could really help me out! How long do we have to return our health certificates?? I've been sitting on half a plan to go abroad in a couple of weeks but can't if I need to do JET stuff!

Just got off the phone with the jet desk at the embassy - some of one batch of letters were missing the health certificate or whatever however there were some in that batch that have the document and subsequent batches should have all documents, the final batch being posted today. So others with no emails remain hopeful.

So an email isn't needed to get the job, sorry if that wasn't clear
    Last edited by geo247; April 4th, 2014 at 22:39.

Last edited by Moso; April 6th, 2014 at 01:02. Reason: removing personal information

Quote Originally Posted by Illuria View Post
    I'd take that as very very good news personally. Why would they send you your Health Certificate if you'd been rejected?
    Agreed. There's hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by geo247 View Post
    Just got off the phone with the jet desk at the embassy - some of one batch of letters were missing the health certificate or whatever however there were some in that batch that have the document and subsequent batches should have all documents, the final batch being posted today. So others with no emails remain hopeful.

YEY! GLASS HALF FULL PEOPLE!

Oh god, last batch went out today? Can grantee that mine is in that lot. I can't wait till Monday!

Yeah last batch today, i get the impression they are swamped with calls and have had a nightmare posting everything, two for each applicant. Now if I could go into a coma till post arrives I'll be happy.

TomOmOm was short listed and I don't think he received the e-mail?

Surely the fact no e-mailers have been rejected coupled with the Desk's reply means that those who got the missing page e-mail are alternates or short-listed?

EDIT -Ah, it turns out he did receive one. So that is three for three. Seems a pretty strong indication now. Also seems that the missing page batch were sent together.
    Last edited by RancidBadger; April 4th, 2014 at 22:50.

Oh yeah, if you have an email you are shortlisted or alternate I expect. But people without emails needn't lose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by geo247 View Post

Thanks very much for doing that, very helpful. So I guess it's tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday. Those who've got their letters, what was the stamp? (1st or 2nd class)

Yeah, I have just read the additional e-mail they have sent with an attached document.

I think people who had the missing page e-mail can start celebrating to a certain degree, as they definitely haven't been rejected outright it seems. Those without the e-mails needn't lose hope -a it is likely the missing page batch were sent first and then the others went out complete later.

EDIT - When I get home, I can look at what stamp they sent with the envelope, and I will write down the deadline dates as well.

I think the first deadline is 30th April, and you fill in the acceptance form and send some photos first. I *think* the medical form has a later deadline, but don't quote me on that yet.
    Last edited by RancidBadger; April 4th, 2014 at 22:58.

I'm putting together the documents for my ICPC, what do we need to supply to satisfy the 'copy of your offer of employment/registration with/contract with [JET]' box. Do you think the cover letter we received today would do it?

The estimate from the person I called at the jet desk was Wednesday at the latest for letters to arrive.

I still haven't had the letter at my uni address, even though I got it at home... I feel like I need to see the letter for myself otherwise it doesn't seem real D:

Yo! Been lurking for a while and now I feel like that I have to manifest myself somehow.

I dont usually tend to stress or worry over stuff but that thread really got me going! I really wish I stayed away from here until next week. Today is being a pain--> cant focus on work....Bloody "mail gate"!

For reference, I have applied through good old Edinburgh.

Anihoo, please do meet you all and good luck for the coming days.
    C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est la pomme de terre...