Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    Cool, joined it.

There is also this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/679064202157344/

But it's not UK-specific.
    Aye, seen it. It just makes sense to have a UK group in order to share relevant information before departure.

I'd say it's best to join both, for making friends and general information.

Hi Guys,

Got shortlisted too! But I'm from Ireland; mind if I join your facebook group later?

Good luck to all over the alternates, although I don't envy the wait.

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months!

Of course not! Go for it.

I don't see why not.

You could end up coming out with us on 2nd August if you get an early upgrade, I would imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by RancidBadger View Post
    I don't see why not.

You could end up coming out with us on 2nd August if you get an early upgrade, I would imagine?
    Don't make me overly eager to be upgraded please D; . This wait is already bad enough.

But I like the optimistic views!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    You'll likely get your placement, fret over it for a few days and then deal with it. That's what happened when I found I was going to a school very close to the 2011 Tsunami. Completely spaced that its geographically one of the better placement in the entire prefecture - something I couldn't have known until I got here.
    This is really true. It's hard to know how good your placement will be until you talk to your predecessor. I got sent to a pretty inaka place, but there are a few factors (vacations and laid-back BOE, proximity to cities, housing) that make it a lot better situation than many of the people living in my prefecture. I couldn't have known that until I talked to my pred, though.

Quote Originally Posted by therealwindycity View Post
    This is really true. It's hard to know how good your placement will be until you talk to your predecessor. I got sent to a pretty inaka place, but there are a few factors (vacations and laid-back BOE, proximity to cities, housing) that make it a lot better situation than many of the people living in my prefecture. I couldn't have known that until I talked to my pred, though.
    Great, this is helpful stuff. How will I know to get in touch with my predecessor? Will they automatically contact me when placements are announced?

Quote Originally Posted by mondilshan View Post
    Great, this is helpful stuff. How will I know to get in touch with my predecessor? Will they automatically contact me when placements are announced?
    They should get in contact with you, yes. The assorted Contracting Organisations have different "blackout" periods, though. Your predecessor will know who you are fairly early, but will likely be forbidden from contacting you until an official announcement is made.
    ...because Japan.

It should be mid-June at the latest. We're also pretty eager to contact our successors - it's a lot easier to prepare workplace and job info when you have an idea of whether your successor speaks Japanese, has studied abroad, etc.

Hey guys, I got my phone call yesterday from the JET Desk asking if I wanted to accept a place on the short-list. UPGRADES FOR THE UK HAVE BEGUN

Quote Originally Posted by MilkBottle View Post
    Hey guys, I got my phone call yesterday from the JET Desk asking if I wanted to accept a place on the short-list. UPGRADES FOR THE UK HAVE BEGUN
    CONGRATS

Well done had you handed in everything they asked for for alternates (i.e health form and SAR)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzvi View Post
    Well done had you handed in everything they asked for for alternates (i.e health form and SAR)?
    Nope, got my appointment to pick up my health certificate Wednesday and I haven't received my SAR back from the police yet (not that I need it now...)

Nope, got my appointment to pick up my health certificate Wednesday and I haven't received my SAR back from the police yet (not that I need it now...)
    Good to know I guess (although I was holding on to the fact that the reason I hadn't got a phone call was because those weren't in yet so yay more nerves now)