Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    Shortlisted for CIR. Omggggggg
    Congratulations. You got the earlier e-mail as well didn't you?

Has anyone who got the e-mail not bern short-listed? Weird that we only have Alternate replies today compared to short-listers yesterday. I would have thought we'd see more results coming through today too.

Reserve for CIR. This feels at once better and worse than rejection. On one hand, my interview went rather badly and I still have a chance of getting in, which is pretty awesome. On the other, oh gawd, it's back to the waiting game for another two or three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    Reserve for CIR. This feels at once better and worse than rejection. On one hand, my interview went rather badly and I still have a chance of getting in, which is pretty awesome. On the other, oh gawd, it's back to the waiting game for another two or three months.
    What went wrong in your interview?

Quote Originally Posted by RancidBadger View Post
    Congratulations. You got the earlier e-mail as well didn't you?

Has anyone who got the e-mail not bern short-listed? Weird that we only have Alternate replies today compared to short-listers yesterday. I would have thought we'd see more results coming through today too.
    Yes, I got the email! Seems like the email was a Good Thing.
    Last edited by Moso; April 7th, 2014 at 19:19.

Ahh, you never know! People may drop out and I can't imagine there are exactly that many other reserves for CIR

I know exactly how you feel. In some ways this waiting period will be worse as it will depend on what other people do not us, we have even less control this time. Still at least being on the reserve list does mean they want us in that situation so I'm taking encouragement from that fact.

Meanwhile, I be like...

a4dd5d0790411f45469b8dc4a5dd6369e0bd42f54b357dc50b1fd5ba44037fdf.jpg

And not in the good way... ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

I'M AN ALTERNATE!!!!! So happy I wasn't rejected... right now I'm just happy to still be in with a chance!

Another CIR reserve here. Looks like we're up against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    Meanwhile, I be like...

a4dd5d0790411f45469b8dc4a5dd6369e0bd42f54b357dc50b1fd5ba44037fdf.jpg

And not in the good way... ;P
    I said it yesterday, and i will say it again. I hate Royal Mail. The only thing i got through the post today was Dominos leaflets. And i HATE Dominos!

Quote Originally Posted by Pluvialis View Post
    What went wrong in your interview?
    I thought it went really well at first because I spoke Japanese to more or less the best of my ability without any real nerves, which is more than can be said for many of the times I've been asked to speak the language in formal situations since leaving the country and watching my proficiency gradually degrade. As time passed, though, I thought about... like... what I actually said in my answers. As in the content, and not just the level of language proficiency I displayed. And some of my answers were not exactly what I'd call great.

I think the biggest problem was that I just generally came off as someone who was like, "I want to go and live in Japan again, preferably with a job that allows me to use my Japanese, and this is probably the best of the available options that I can apply for from here in the UK. Also... like... cultural exchange and stuff, I guess?", rather than someone who was really passionate about the actual content of the job itself. Which is completely accurate to my actual feelings, of course. It's a job that I think I can do and be pretty good at more than it is one that I'm amazingly passionate about, and my major motivation in applying was simply the chance to go back to Japan and a Japanese language environment. I just should have done a better job of hiding that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moso View Post
    Ahh, you never know! People may drop out and I can't imagine there are exactly that many other reserves for CIR
    Yeah, I figured the same. Not going to get my hopes up too much, of course, but I'll turn in the forms they sent me, apply for a few other things, and see what happens. It's not a definite thing, but it's still nice to have another potential opportunity still on the table.

Congratulations, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzvi View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. In some ways this waiting period will be worse as it will depend on what other people do not us, we have even less control this time. Still at least being on the reserve list does mean they want us in that situation so I'm taking encouragement from that fact.
    Pretty much that. There's nothing to do but sit tight and hope that someone drops out, which is a little discouraging. Still, like you say, if there had been nothing worthwhile in our interviews whatsoever we wouldn't be reserves, so that's encouraging in itself. ^^ Best of luck, anyway! Do keep us posted~!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezikio View Post
    Another CIR reserve here. Looks like we're up against each other.
    Haha, I guess so. ;D Good luck! I hope we both make it.

Some interesting points there Mimi. I think in my case (ALT applicant) the interest I had in Japan and international relations/cultural exchange came through but I never came across as someone who really wanted to work as a teaching assistant (even though I would like to), for me it was about living in Japan and getting that foreign experience as well.

Man, this is murder! Does anybody know if there has been any rejection letter sent in the UK. Felling kind of nervous that there was only shorlister announced yesterday and alternates today.

My girlfriend is an alternate, she is an Irish applicant and received the letter on Wednesday.
    C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est la pomme de terre...

I knew Uncle Vernon would pop up. Still no letter in Kent but maybe Newcastle (haven't checked). Congratulations everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Man, this is murder! Does anybody know if there has been any rejection letter sent in the UK. Felling kind of nervous that there was only shorlister announced yesterday and alternates today.

My girlfriend is an alternate, she is an Irish applicant and received the letter on Wednesday.
    I wouldn't make that presumption because they have sent the rest off on the same day and announced it is all the responses.

I got alternate. Back to waiting I guess. This is going to kill me -_- On the one hand, I'm pleased I didn't get rejected, on the other hand I'm disappointed that I don't have any sort of closure to the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuria View Post
    I got alternate. Back to waiting I guess. This is going to kill me -_- On the one hand, I'm pleased I didn't get rejected, on the other hand I'm disappointed that I don't have any sort of closure to the thing.
    Im an alternate as well, feeling odd about it...

Good luck to everyone waiting, I hope you all at least get alternate. Anyone with the patience to go through this deserves that!

Alternate here.

I'm not too shocked by the result but I'm still pretty bummed out about it.

Alternate here too.

What would happen hypothetically if I turned down my alternate post? Would it effect my chances if I chose to apply again in the future?