Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: post result paperwork

Banned

Default Re: post result paperwork

I think a more important question would be if anyone had any problems with their initial paperwork. Provided everything was done correctly, even if the FBI and IRS are twiddling their thumbs for two months, there should be no problem with the timing. What I'm worried about is if I somehow did something wrong, and I have to resend something. When will they let me know how I messed up, and how long will that delay them sending out the correct documents?

Did anybody run into any issues with their forms in the past?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    I think a more important question would be if anyone had any problems with their initial paperwork. Provided everything was done correctly, even if the FBI and IRS are twiddling their thumbs for two months, there should be no problem with the timing. What I'm worried about is if I somehow did something wrong, and I have to resend something. When will they let me know how I messed up, and how long will that delay them sending out the correct documents?

Did anybody run into any issues with their forms in the past?
    If there is a signature missing, or something wrong with your paperwork, your coordinator will let you know.

MC, will coordinators also let us know if they received our paperwork without any errors?
    Shortlisted from Boston 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow3 View Post
    MC, will coordinators also let us know if they received our paperwork without any errors?
    I am unsure how Susan verifies with her short-listers whether or not she has received their paperwork and if there are any errors. In Miami, I have a google site with a checklist with the names of the applicants. At any time they can see the progress of what has been submitted and what hasn't. If there are any problems with the paperwork as a shortlister, you can be sure your coordinator will contact you. If there are no problems, it will be up to them. I personally do not call them to let them know we received everything because of my google site. That being said, if it makes you feel better, you can always just shoot her an e-mail.

What he said...
    Last edited by spman2099; April 16th, 2014 at 00:43. Reason: Post was the opposite of necessary...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

I saw someone on the facebook group say that their coordinator sent them a general confirmation email. Perhaps it's handled differently by each coordinator.
    Shortlisted from Boston 2014!

It's been pretty quiet out of Boston - no Facebook group, no schedule of events, nothing :P I'm kind of jealous of some of the other consulates out there!

There's a Google spreadsheet for San Francisco for us to check to make sure that they've received all of the paperwork. The only problem is that it hasn't been updated. My paperwork was delivered last Friday but I'm still waiting to make sure that it actually got to the coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    It's been pretty quiet out of Boston - no Facebook group, no schedule of events, nothing :P I'm kind of jealous of some of the other consulates out there!
    I feel the same way. I wish Toronto alternates got cool stuff like that... *kicks a can*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    In Miami, I have a google site with a checklist with the names of the applicants. At any time they can see the progress of what has been submitted and what hasn't.
    I wish I would have applied through Miami lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    If there is a signature missing, or something wrong with your paperwork, your coordinator will let you know.
    I'm not really worried about hearing back from the coordinator. I trust that someone there will let me know within a reasonable time frame if I need to ccorrect anything. What I'm worried about is the FBI or IRS, who might take 4-6 weeks to process a correctly filled out form. What if I did something wrong on that, and I don't hear back until late May?

I sent my SAR off on Monday last week, paid for the postal order to all be sent off. Was really happy to find a letter on my door form the Hampshire force (where i have to send the SAR too) only to find that as Devon and Cornwall like to think they are a different country, i have to send it too them! It means my postal order is nothing more than an expensive bit of paper and i have to repay and re-fill out forms that look the same aside from a header saying Devon and Cornwall rather than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    I sent my SAR off on Monday last week, paid for the postal order to all be sent off. Was really happy to find a letter on my door form the Hampshire force (where i have to send the SAR too) only to find that as Devon and Cornwall like to think they are a different country, i have to send it too them! It means my postal order is nothing more than an expensive bit of paper and i have to repay and re-fill out forms that look the same aside from a header saying Devon and Cornwall rather than nothing!
    Wow, what a pain! I sent off my SAR form last Tuesday and I've tried ringing them a few times to check they've received it. I kept getting a recorded message saying their phone lines were busy so try the website. I emailed them the other day, just to confirm that they'd received it and there wasn't anything else they needed. To their credit, they did get back to me in just under two days to say they'd received it and when I was likely to hear back by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat-finch View Post
    There's a Google spreadsheet for San Francisco for us to check to make sure that they've received all of the paperwork. The only problem is that it hasn't been updated. My paperwork was delivered last Friday but I'm still waiting to make sure that it actually got to the coordinator.
    What's the web address for that? I got a similar one from San Francisco and it hasn't been updated but I think that its for alternates. How many cell rows are there in yours?

LA sent out confirmation e-mails.

DC has been sending out a chart updating candidates' forms that have been handed in. In both of the emails they've sent, they haven't updated my chart to show that I've already handed in the FBI doccuments, though when I emailed them the first time they confirmed that they have them and that I don't have to turn it an again...should I call just to make sure their records are correct?
    Alternate - Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    DC has been sending out a chart updating candidates' forms that have been handed in. In both of the emails they've sent, they haven't updated my chart to show that I've already handed in the FBI doccuments, though when I emailed them the first time they confirmed that they have them and that I don't have to turn it an again...should I call just to make sure their records are correct?
    Yes, call or e-mail them if the google document is showing up with incomplete information. The post office, UPS, and FedEx all have their way of misplacing important documents >.>

The FBI forms worry me the most; haven't seen a charge on my card yet and I mailed in the form several weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The FBI forms worry me the most; haven't seen a charge on my card yet and I mailed in the form several weeks ago.
    FBI background checks always take a long time, that is why we recommend that people submit their application as soon as possible. Many times, the can't read your prints either, so they ask you to re-do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    My form was delivered on April 9th and I just saw the charge come through over the weekend. It was probably charged on the 25th, so it took them a little over two weeks. Do you know when your form was delivered?