Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: post result paperwork

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default post result paperwork

    Hey everyone. I've been checking ITIL quite a bit, but I haven't official decided to register until now. I happy to say I was lucky enough to get short-listed. Now it's time to start filling out MORE paperwork. I thought I would start a thread since some of this stuff is pretty confusing. I would like to focus on paperwork due before the April 30th deadline. Some of the questions might seem obvious or redundant, but since the previous paperwork was so specific, I want to be safe.

    My questions:

    Is the FBI ID Records Request the EXACT same document as the criminal background check? I know it sort of states that somewhere, but I was wondering if it's the exact same process as it was for the application.

  2. #2
    Constant Fu*kup sharpinthefang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kyushu
    Posts
    2,151

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    I'm wondering the same thing in regards to the British CRB check. I have one that was only done a month ago, would this be accepted as we won't find out for another week. If the 30th April deadline is the same for all countries (like application deadline was), that gives us a VERY short turn around time to get out IPCD checks done...

  3. #3

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by idaho View Post
    Hey everyone. I've been checking ITIL quite a bit, but I haven't official decided to register until now. I happy to say I was lucky enough to get short-listed. Now it's time to start filling out MORE paperwork. I thought I would start a thread since some of this stuff is pretty confusing. I would like to focus on paperwork due before the April 30th deadline. Some of the questions might seem obvious or redundant, but since the previous paperwork was so specific, I want to be safe.

    My questions:

    Is the FBI ID Records Request the EXACT same document as the criminal background check? I know it sort of states that somewhere, but I was wondering if it's the exact same process as it was for the application.
    Only saw one question, but I'll try to answer.

    Yes, it is the same. You just have to get (finger) printed, make the payment, and copy the application and send those copies to the consulate. Then send it to the FBI. I'm pretty sure.

    Most important is the Reply Form saying "Yes!" Last year, I rushed to get everything done (including the medical check) but in the flurry of excitement wasn't clear that that wasn't required by the late April deadline. The most important thing is for the consulate to hear you want the position. (Of course, everything else should meet the deadline too).
    Last edited by windar; April 3rd, 2014 at 15:27.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Somewhere up north.
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Sharp, only the reply form is due at the end of April and your photographs. The medical and ICPC aren`t due until mid may. I PMd you with more info.

    EDIT: I should mention my post only applies to UK applicants, I was replying to sharp. I have no idea about other countries, sorry.
    Last edited by yingyangryder; April 3rd, 2014 at 16:07.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Sorry about the typos in my original thread. I tried squeezing out a quick paragraph before work, so that once I got off I might have some replies. In my rush I made some errors and didn't get my second question in. My second question is about the tax form (form 8088/6626 or something like that). The instructions for filling that out look like they are last years instructions. For instance, it says the period where we would be tax exempt say, "the day after you arrive in Japan," but then it says (group A arrives July 28th 2013). If these are last years instructions, do I move all the dates ahead 1 year to match up with a 2014-2015 incoming JET? I know this my be a question for my coordinator, but since it's still early, I don't want to bother her if I can figure some of this stuff out on my own, with the help of you nice people. Also, I think this only applies to U.S. JETs because I believe the tax exemption is a strictly U.S. thing.
    Last edited by idaho; April 3rd, 2014 at 16:19.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    As for the typos in my LAST post....I blame those on my phone. I swear, my english is better than those posts would suggest.

  7. #7
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by idaho View Post
    If these are last years instructions, do I move all the dates ahead 1 year to match up with a 2014-2015 incoming JET?
    The change isn't exactly a year as JET brings people out at the weekend. The departure dates are listed on the main USA JET website, but it might be better to wait until you get something confirmed from your embassy.
    ...because Japan.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    The change isn't exactly a year as JET brings people out at the weekend. The departure dates are listed on the main USA JET website, but it might be better to wait until you get something confirmed from your embassy.
    I thought as much. I was just wondering about the other dates. On line 7 instructions it states "in order to be exempt from Japanese taxes for the two years you are permitted, you will need to request proof of residence for 2012 and 2013. Your application is based on the previous year's filing-2012, but you are also allowed to request for the current calender year-2013. Write 2012 and 2013 here." So I would write 2013 and 2014 instead? I know it's nit-picky, but when you mix the JET program with the IRS I expect a lot of red tape, and I don't want to get delayed because of a small mistake.

  9. #9
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by idaho View Post
    Sorry about the typos in my original thread. I tried squeezing out a quick paragraph before work, so that once I got off I might have some replies. In my rush I made some errors and didn't get my second question in. My second question is about the tax form (form 8088/6626 or something like that). The instructions for filling that out look like they are last years instructions. For instance, it says the period where we would be tax exempt say, "the day after you arrive in Japan," but then it says (group A arrives July 28th 2013). If these are last years instructions, do I move all the dates ahead 1 year to match up with a 2014-2015 incoming JET? I know this my be a question for my coordinator, but since it's still early, I don't want to bother her if I can figure some of this stuff out on my own, with the help of you nice people. Also, I think this only applies to U.S. JETs because I believe the tax exemption is a strictly U.S. thing.
    Idaho, definitely contact your coordinator about specific questions like these. Usually us coordinators hesitate to get involved with IRS specific questions because of the liability with peoples taxes and such. The dates are pretty similar, but not exactly one year. I think the dates are moved up a day or so if I remember correctly. For specific questions like these, the forums are not the best place for an answer.

  10. #10
    Constant Fu*kup sharpinthefang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kyushu
    Posts
    2,151

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Just to point out, those who have to get the ICPC form need to know their address for the last ten years...

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    I have a question regarding the FBI background check, my email asks that I keep a copy of the results as well as send an unopened copy of the results to the consulate. Is there away to indicate this on the FBI forms? I was looking and I was unsure of how to request separate copies of the results.

  12. #12

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    For US applicants, especially alternates, I highly recommend getting at least two copies of your fingerprints if possible. I did the livescan ones last year when I was an alternate (digital prints that they printed out on a special card stock) and they suggested I get at least one extra copy in case (extra copies were free, too). I never used the extra copy and I found out through the FBI paperwork checklist that they accept fingerprint cards up to 18 months old! Now I don't have to waste money and time going to get mine done. Too bad I already took 2 hours off from work tomorrow, but it's always nice to get out early on a Friday

    If for some reason your prints aren't readable by the FBI with your first submission extra copies of those prints will be meaningless but it's worth a shot if you end up in my situation.
    I came here to laugh at you.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Has everyone who's been notified gotten their paperwork already? I was notified by the Atlanta Consulate on March 31, but haven't received any follow up emails.

  14. #14

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    Has everyone who's been notified gotten their paperwork already? I was notified by the Atlanta Consulate on March 31, but haven't received any follow up emails.
    I also interviewed in Atlanta, no paperwork yet. They're probably just dragging their feet a bit.
    2014 Shortlist - Atlanta

  15. #15
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Silly question, but given the main application's phobia of staples, is it best to just paperclip the two sides of alternate reply form together? That's how I have it now, but since there's no identifying information on the second page (other than the attached photographs), I'm sort of worried about them getting separated.
    Alternate - Washington DC

  16. #16
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    Silly question, but given the main application's phobia of staples, is it best to just paperclip the two sides of alternate reply form together? That's how I have it now, but since there's no identifying information on the second page (other than the attached photographs), I'm sort of worried about them getting separated.
    No staples, please! We have to make copies and copies, and more copies of paperwork. Staples really slow us down and mess with our copy machines.

  17. #17
    Senior Member LaVie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    A snowglobe
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    No staples, please! We have to make copies and copies, and more copies of paperwork. Staples really slow us down and mess with our copy machines.
    Haha, I will avoid the staples It has a shiny red paperclip instead!
    Thanks!
    Alternate - Washington DC

  18. #18
    Member marshmallow3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    In the copies we send to the JET office, do we include a copy of the fingerprints or just a copy of the application form?

  19. #19

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow3 View Post
    In the copies we send to the JET office, do we include a copy of the fingerprints or just a copy of the application form?
    I didn't include fingerprints with mine and they said it was fine. I don't think they want your fingerprints. At least not at the Miami consulate.
    Last edited by itsabird; April 5th, 2014 at 00:25.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

  20. #20
    Member marshmallow3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: post result paperwork

    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •