Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternates Hangout

Default Re: Alternates Hangout

Well, there's my daily helping of despair.
    Alternate - Vancouver 2014
    ---
    Scummy re-applicant 2015!!!
    ---
    SHORT-LISTED

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I feel you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Can we all just cry together and eat a giant tub of ice cream .

Quote Originally Posted by Randomgirl View Post
    No you may not.
    Are you just trolling us or is this for real? First you tell us you think we'll have a good chance of getting in because there are fewer shortlisters, and now you say the complete opposite?!! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE AND WHERE IS YOUR INFO COMING FROM??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehoglove View Post
    Can we all just cry together and eat a giant tub of ice cream .
    Yesh!!!!! Ice cream!!!! Can't cry over excessive daily (Monday) despair without giant tubs of ice cream! ;P

Lol! My last post was about saying that your chances of getting in are the same as they always were, but your chances of being upgraded based on the first round of shortlister replies is slimmer, because there were so few to begin with (read the previous post - not mine - about how the upgrades work). My theory is that vancouver alternates have a better chance of getting in during the later waves of upgrades - when the special requests come in. So chins up!!! Don't lose hope if you haven't been upgraded yet! I have a feeling that good things are around the corner for you guys - just maybe later than the first round!

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

There is exactly one person on this forum with any idea of any upgrades that may or may not happen. Miami Coordinator.

The rest of us are merely speculating. Do not stress out about your chances of being upgraded or not. It's only causing stress over something you cannot control in any way at all. Best to do other things and prepare for the worst case than to sit around here being all despairy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Someone else from the UK just got upgraded today. He posted it a few minutes ago on the UK JET facebook page.

It's good that upgrades are still happening. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that I get the call!

Quote Originally Posted by Este View Post
    Someone else from the UK just got upgraded today. He posted it a few minutes ago on the UK JET facebook page.

It's good that upgrades are still happening. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that I get the call!
    I'm that UK JET!! So happy! Hope to hear of some more upgrades soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattheprat View Post
    Well done Mat! Glad to hear it was one of us! Congratulations! I hope you go out and celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattheprat View Post
    Congratulations to you and all of those who have been upgraded!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    There is exactly one person on this forum with any idea of any upgrades that may or may not happen. Miami Coordinator.

The rest of us are merely speculating. Do not stress out about your chances of being upgraded or not. It's only causing stress over something you cannot control in any way at all. Best to do other things and prepare for the worst case than to sit around here being all despairy.
    Even MC can only speculate, when it comes to other countries (and maybe even other cities). All I have to offer is speculation too, based on my knowledge of the number of shortlisters this year (which I needed to have for a project I'm working on) the rest is just guesses. My hope was to just calm the nerves of anyone who is anxious about not hearing back yet. My guess is that, from my city, most alternates will be upgraded later on (well after shortlister replies) when the requests come in for upgrades that are more general. My ultimate message: don't give up hope yet!!

And congrats to all UK upgrades!

Man, any news of post-paperwork-deadline upgrades from Detroit yet?

Quote Originally Posted by firemarth View Post
    Man, any news of post-paperwork-deadline upgrades from Detroit yet?
    Not that I've heard of. Just us two on this forum from detroit. One chick was upgraded before deadline I think, she posted to facebook group page.

LaVie could you add spman2009, ckrisp and Matttheprat in red when you have time? I'm not sure exactly when everyone was upgraded but I bet they'd love to see their name change colours on that list haha!!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehoglove View Post
    LaVie could you add spman2009, ckrisp and Matttheprat in red when you have time? I'm not sure exactly when everyone was upgraded but I bet they'd love to see their name change colours on that list haha!!
    Don't worry, I'm getting around to it ^^ Not everyone is really clear about their upgrades (specifically when they happened) so when you can please make this info clear
    Alternate - Washington DC

Another person from the UK got upgraded today. She posted on the UK facebook page. Hopefully there are still a few more yet to come this week...

Quote Originally Posted by LaVie View Post
    Don't worry, I'm getting around to it ^^ Not everyone is really clear about their upgrades (specifically when they happened) so when you can please make this info clear
    Hey LaVie, sorry to trouble you. I'm alternate out of Chicago and was upgraded on 5/5. Hope to hear about some ITIL upgrades soon.

And Este, that's good news. Maybe some forms are still being processed. Good luck again.

I was upgraded on the 6th May :-)

No problem, I was upgraded on the second of May. I have to admit, I am looking forward to seeing my name in red. Cheers!
    Last edited by spman2099; May 7th, 2014 at 08:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.