Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Arriving in Japan

Default Re: Arriving in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Saying it is comparatively less filthy than it could have been compared to some ineffable theoretical troglodyte is hardly going to comfort some poor Mormon girl who has to clear out your cupboard of rape mangas.
    Dammit, man; this is Applying!

But LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Dammit, man; this is Applying!

But LOL.
    I don't think he was being vulgar... Just stating depressing facts.
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Ridiculous. Mormon girls are a prime demographic of rape manga.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

"I live in squalor but it's ok because my pred was even more of an animal!"

Of course your succ doesn't care about your pred, why would they? If you care about what some random weeaboo you'll never meet thinks of your apartment then you care enough to not to leave it filthy.

Saying it is comparatively less filthy than it could have been compared to some ineffable theoretical troglodyte is hardly going to comfort some poor Mormon girl who has to clear out your cupboard of rape mangas.
    You're missing the point. The place was beyond disgusting. I cleaned out piles and piles of garbage, and the BOE finally relented and had some people come clean up 20 years of filth in the kitchen.

It's not the responsibility of me or anyone who was unfortunate to be placed in a town that has a disgusting apartment. Anyway the dude apparently expected the place to be professionally cleaned and spotless, which is absolutely hilarious if you had lived there or worked with that BOE.
    Last edited by patjs; September 16th, 2014 at 12:43.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought you were saying in the first place, actually.

If one of the conditions of your contract is that your employer will set up accommodation for you then it should be in good condition. Doesn't really mean anything to you if other people have had worse conditions before you, does it? Some people in the world live in mud huts, I still would rather not have had to take a load of soiled linen down to the tip.

That's pretty much exactly what I thought you were saying in the first place, actually.

If one of the conditions of your contract is that your employer will set up accommodation for you then it should be in good condition. Doesn't really mean anything to you if other people have had worse conditions before you, does it? Some people in the world live in mud huts, I still would rather not have had to take a load of soiled linen down to the tip.
    Right so if you want to get angry, you need to get angry at the BOE not the guy who happened to inherit the garbage heap before you. I was pretty angry at the condition of the place but it never crossed my mind to send insane, angry e-mails to my pred about it as it was obvious that shit had been there for 15-20 years. The guy seemed to have a few screws loose anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    Right so if you want to get angry, you need to get angry at the BOE not the guy who happened to inherit the garbage heap before you. I was pretty angry at the condition of the place but it never crossed my mind to send insane, angry e-mails to my pred about it as it was obvious that shit had been there for 15-20 years. The guy seemed to have a few screws loose anyway though.
    Oh ok then. It seemed like you were saying his complaints were unreasonable.

And yeah, if someone tried to send angry emails to me after I'd left Japan I'd have fun with that.