Thread: Medical Report Question

Default Medical Report Question

Quick question for anyone who might have an answer.

On my Self-Assess Medical form, I said that I had Streph throat a year ago, but I just went to my family doctor for the first time since then and he said that I didn't have Streph Throat but Mono. Initially they said it was Steph off of what it looked and gave me medication for that, but now the doctor says the tests they did pointed to mono. Of course, since it was in December 2012, I am clear of the condition.

I guess my question is should I send an e-mail to my coordinator explaining what happened before I send in the Health Check? Will this be an issue?

Default Re: Medical Report Question

That sounds like the best approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    They're gonna burn you inside a giant wicker anpanman.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmanio View Post
    Quick question for anyone who might have an answer.

On my Self-Assess Medical form, I said that I had Streph throat a year ago, but I just went to my family doctor for the first time since then and he said that I didn't have Streph Throat but Mono. Initially they said it was Steph off of what it looked and gave me medication for that, but now the doctor says the tests they did pointed to mono. Of course, since it was in December 2012, I am clear of the condition.

I guess my question is should I send an e-mail to my coordinator explaining what happened before I send in the Health Check? Will this be an issue?

I had a similar issue and my doctor said it wasn't, "a serious enough reason to mention it" on my health check. She said her interpretation of the CHO form was asking about a major health condition. Mono is actually a pretty common illness for most people to catch. But I agree with the previous poster...always double check with your Consulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

It seems like overkill - I think you're fine since the infection is over and not relevant to your visa processing/necessary medical care while in Japan.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I took a very hard line "If I won't randomly die from it, or kill someone else with it, they don't need to know"

for instance, I did not want to report my family condition of high blood pressure (My dad is fit as a fiddle, super low sodium, still has high blood pressure). I didn't want to tell them about the elective surgery I had had a year before, which in no way would affect myself or anyone else.

They ask a lot of things, but if you don't think it's important (having strep or mono isn't really important imo... but then I am not a doctor...) I wouldn't mention it at all.

Any drugs/condition medication you are currently taking should ABSOLUTELY be mentioned on said report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.