Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Default UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

After reading on the forum about the various applicants in the USA getting emails, I started to panic and took the plunge and called the Embassy in London.

We won't be receiving an email but a letter to both permanent and temporary addresses. The lady on the phone was lovely and high spirited, as though she had received many phone calls already, and told me they were processing them now, and that we should be expecting them by next week.

Hold out, we will have answers soon!

*Congratulations to those who have received results and have been shortlisted, alternates stay positive, and those who haven't got it, good luck with your next try and I hope you find something else you are just as passionate about!*

Default Re: UK Applicants - Results Info 2014

Eek! The time is coming! Thanks for the info.

I was kind of expecting to come home today and find it waiting for me... ): no luck! It's great to know they're processing them etc though, thanks for calling/opening this thread!

Oh good, at least that means I won't be compulsively checking my email all day anymore. I hate getting letters though... they take so long to open in comparison :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nell View Post
    Oh good, at least that means I won't be compulsively checking my email all day anymore. I hate getting letters though... they take so long to open in comparison :P
    Me too. Will save my phone battery I guess!

And yeah. At least with email its just a click. For a letter there's so much more suspense :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

I'm guessing if they're still processing they probably won't send them out until at least Friday...

Blast, I guess there's no chance of me getting a reply this week, then. :'D Thanks for the heads up! Best of luck to other UK applicants!

The worst thing about the letters is that apparently they send accompanying details with successful and alternate applicants so their envelopes are thicker than those who did not get onto the programme. It's strange to think we could know (to an extent) how we did before even opening the letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzvi View Post
    The worst thing about the letters is that apparently they send accompanying details with successful and alternate applicants so their envelopes are thicker than those who did not get onto the programme. It's strange to think we could know (to an extent) how we did before even opening the letters.
    Ah, but if we don't have the other envelope to compare with, how would we know if they were thick or not?

Also, do you reckon they would do first class as time is of the essence to get the replies in?

I'm jumping the gun here, but i have been looking at the next stage for short-listed and reserve JETS. I have had a CRB completed and arrived within the last month (as im mentoring GCSE students atm). Would JET accept it as it is so recent?

Tbh, I'm a first time applicant, and haven't a clue about the CRB check! Sorry. However, I would just call the Embassy and ask, they seem really nice there!

If the letter I receive is too thin, I won't want to open it!

Good luck everyone!

They're all thin - until you get your actual placement. OPEN 'er UP!

About the CRB, if my memory serves me right you need a different type of background check, I think you need something called the ICPC. However you cannot request one of those UNTIL you have your shortlisted letter to hand. So unfortunately, you won`t be able to get your CRB done until you have your shortlist/alternate letter. Having said that, I could be wrong as I don`t fully remember, but I do remember having to send off my shortlisted letter with the request for the ICPC.

I just got an email from JET saying they've sent my letter but missed out one of the documents which they've now sent separately. How many documents normally are there?!

I just got an email from JET saying they've sent my letter but missed out one of the documents which they've now sent separately. How many documents normally are there?!
    I also just received this. Did everyone?

The optimist in me thinks that multiple pages = possible alternate/shortlist notification... really hope we get the letters tomorrow. That email just destroyed what was left of my nerves haha.

The optimist in me thinks that multiple pages = possible alternate/shortlist notification... really hope we get the letters tomorrow. That email just destroyed what was left of my nerves haha.
    haha same here. Presumably a rejection would be on a single sheet? Here's hoping. Good luck!

That makes me worried I haven't had the same email! Probably nothing to forget in a one sheet rejection

Quote Originally Posted by Tzvi View Post
    That makes me worried I haven't had the same email! Probably nothing to forget in a one sheet rejection
    I wouldn't read anything into it. They may have just messed up with a few candidates