Thread: Akitajet.com site down -- ES lesson plan translations?

Default Akitajet.com site down -- ES lesson plan translations?

Hello all,

akitajet.com seems to be down. Would anyone happen to have any info on if it's coming back up?

I ask because it has an excellent set of lesson plan translations for the Hi, Friends ES textbooks that I've been shaping my ES lessons around. The Japanese versions are available online for free, but it's obviously a lot faster for me to look through English plans.

This is where the lesson plans were:

http://akitajet.com/wiki/Hi,_friends!

And here's a cached version of the page:

Hi, friends! - Akita Wiki

Does anyone have the English lesson plans saved somewhere? Would be a huge help if I could get copies!

Default Re: Akitajet.com site down -- ES lesson plan translations?

There's an official English lesson guide, but it costs about 3500 yen, and aside from the Akita AJET one I can't seem to find any other independently translated versions online. Are your homeroom teachers really strict about following the "official" lessons? I never really use them when I'm getting ready for elementary school ...

Personally I find the lesson plans based around the book pretty handy. I adjust them at will, but it's nice to have a structure to work with instead of starting from scratch, especially since I have all of 2 minutes (if that) to explain to the HRTs what I plan to do for the lesson. But unfortunately I don't have any of them in English. My school sends me a faxed copy in Japanese and I just scribble my notes on that.

Hope you can find them!

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

If you haven't already, post over on official to see if any of the AKITA jets (few of em watch these forums) know anything about the site being down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

The site is down for maintenance as of yesterday. I don't know when it will be back up or what's being changed, but it hopefully won't be down long. If you need the resources, try asking on our Akita JET Facebook page if anyone has what you're looking for. It's an open page, so you can join.

looks like its back
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Really? It's still down for me - on my phone and school computer.

strange, it was working for me at 11:30 but not now.

well its now 1:50pm and it seems to be working. for how long? nobody knows......
    Last edited by Ini; May 13th, 2014 at 13:52.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

It was down this morning, but it seems to be up now. I've been using it for a while today without it going down.