Thread: 2015 Reference Letter Question

Default 2015 Reference Letter Question

Hi everyone, I want to apply for JET for 2015 and I have asked my professor for the study abroad program that I just did in Japan to write me a reference letter. I wanted to give her enough time to write the letter before she becomes busy in the fall but because the 2015 application is not available until the fall, there is only the form for 2014. I was just wondering if there were different instructions for the reference letter each year? Should I ask my professor to write the letter when it is convenient for her and then just keep it on file and then fill out the 2015 form when it becomes available so that she can send all the documents to me in one envelope? I am trying to figure out what the best way to do this that would be most convenient for her.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Reference Letter Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShareBear View Post
    Hi everyone, I want to apply for JET for 2015 and I have asked my professor for the study abroad program that I just did in Japan to write me a reference letter. I wanted to give her enough time to write the letter before she becomes busy in the fall but because the 2015 application is not available until the fall, there is only the form for 2014. I was just wondering if there were different instructions for the reference letter each year? Should I ask my professor to write the letter when it is convenient for her and then just keep it on file and then fill out the 2015 form when it becomes available so that she can send all the documents to me in one envelope? I am trying to figure out what the best way to do this that would be most convenient for her.
    Hi sharebear,

The reference letter must be submitted with the required 2015 paperwork that will be uploaded sometime in september/october of this year.

It is too early to have your teacher prepare the physical letter now. However, you are correct in your idea that you can ask her to type up the letter in a word document and save it on her computer. That way, when the time comes for her to give it to you, she can just copy paste and attach it to the required cover letter.

Hopefully she will.not have a problem with this.