Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electric bicycles?

Default Re: Electric bicycles?

Stop mincing about and just buy a Nissan GTR
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Stop mincing about and just buy a Nissan GTR
    I would, but I'm too cheap to pay ¥4000 a month for parking...

Have a word with the mayor and ask to leave it at town hall
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Depends on how much snow you get, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    Back on topic - kei car or scooter/motorcycle for puttering around town? I've wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle for a long time - now I've got plenty of time and plenty of spare cash, maybe I should give it a shot?
    A motorcycle would be fun but requires a license test and will probably be expensive, plus you're kinda limited by weather, depending on your fair-weatheriness (I prefer to be a fair-weather rider, but I rode my scooter through a winter here, even in horrific snow). A scooter has the same weather limitations, but you don't need a special license (assuming you have your regular J-license) and they're dirt-cheap to own and operate. Kei cars are fine for around town but I avoid them because I've seen what happens to their occupants when involved in an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Kei cars are fine for around town but I avoid them because I've seen what happens to their occupants when involved in an accident.
    They're congratulated for supporting the Japanese automotive industry? I thought kei cars (all joking aside) were supposed to be safer these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    They're congratulated for supporting the Japanese automotive industry? I thought kei cars (all joking aside) were supposed to be safer these days?
    Oh, I'm sure they're safer than they have been in the past. I wouldn't call them "safe," though.

I still wouldn't risk it. I like having functional legs.
    Last edited by word; June 13th, 2014 at 11:52.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Mine has airbags, but I had to do a search for one that also had ABS. I still don't trust it to not completely fall apart in an accident going at any speed above idle.

I've told this tale before on here but I managed to total a car a few years back. Walked away with a broken nose and some cracked ribs. Went to the scrap yard to recover my stuff from the boot a few days later and found my car next to a kei truck. The entire front of mine was missing and I was stood there to tell the story, the kei truck next to it looked a bit bashed up but nothing too bad. Looked inside and the entire interior was soaked in blood.....

I've told this tale before on here but I managed to total a car a few years back. Walked away with a broken nose and some cracked ribs. Went to the scrap yard to recover my stuff from the boot a few days later and found my car next to a kei truck. The entire front of mine was missing and I was stood there to tell the story, the kei truck next to it looked a bit bashed up but nothing too bad. Looked inside and the entire interior was soaked in blood.....
    Have you ever seen a Japanese man use a seat belt? Because I haven't!
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefall View Post
    Have you ever seen a Japanese child use a seat belt? Because I haven't!
    fixed

This is something not enough drivers (Japanese or otherwise) recognise: if your car gets trashed in a bad accident, that's good! It's absorbing all the energy that would otherwise go towards turning you into chunky salsa. Kei-cars don't have crumple zones, or structure to send the energy around the cabin instead of through. In a low-speed accident (say in a car park), the kei-car may even come off better. It'll certainly less expensive to repair. But at anything approaching road speeds, the only crumple zone in a kei-car is you.
    ...because Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    fixed
    Hahaha I thought "Japanese Man" and "Japanese child" were the dawn word in Japanese?
    (Read : sarcasm)

Hahaha I thought "Japanese Man" and "Japanese child" were the dawn word in Japanese?
    (Read : sarcasm)
    Autocorrect was trying to save you from making that joke

#truth, unfortunately I don't really pay attention to what I type

Maybe you should? You're going to have a hard time living in Japan if you aren't good at iiwake. At least go with "I was drunk"

What are you going on about? I am not having a hard time here? You know this isn't my first time living here right? And hasn't Señor Word taught you that "who I am here, isn't always indicative of who I am out there"?

We Japanese have traditional skill of excuses to save face. Everyone can enjoy a good time and happy conversation if they are skilled at excuses. However, maybe some foreigners don't understand desu yo ne ...

I don't really pay attention to what I type
    I mean, you do realize why this is a ridiculous thing to say, right? Literally the primary activity on a forum is writing words for other people to read.

And hasn't Señor Word taught you that "who I am here, isn't always indicative of who I am out there"?
    So in real life you aren't petulant, semi-literate and completely unable to laugh at yourself?

Great! Let's have a beer.