Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buying a Car in Japan

Default Re: Buying a Car in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by jacklostinred View Post
    We had a local ALT, American with an IDP, crash his car during his first year. He ended up paying an arm and a leg to rent a car. I think they charged him 100,000 for 14 days. It can be done but it is expensive.
    I would want that much to rent my car out t some tool that just crashed his own car
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefall View Post
    I would want that much to rent my car out t some tool that just crashed his own car
    My god, man; I know you struggle with autocorrect, but this is just unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Hey guys, is leasing a car in Japan a viable option? I don't know that I want to be here more than a year, so a 1 year lease would be nice if it's feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Hey guys, is leasing a car in Japan a viable option? I don't know that I want to be here more than a year, so a 1 year lease would be nice if it's feasible.
    Yes, I know a few jets that lease, but I'm not sure how much you might owe if you have an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Both the ALTs that lease near me pay through the nose and have 3 year minimum lease contracts signed. Although they can turn over the lease to a new ALT AFAIK.

Most leases should cover all shaken, maintenance and repairs and as long as you're insured properly damage wont be an issue.

If you buy a decent car it will be cheaper than leasing, a lemon that needs anything more than basic maintenance or a shaken during your ownership might end up more expensive.

Thanks guys. I'm getting my licence tomorrow, so I'm pondering a car for year two. At the very least, I'm going to rent a car and finally explore...and maybe hit up a Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    My god, man; I know you struggle with autocorrect, but this is just unacceptable.
    I am in the struggle everyday man.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Not really that expensive. I've rented a big-arse moving truck for around 6000 for the day, and a kei for under 5000. Unlimited mileage. You hafta refuel it, of course. You have to have an actual J-license at my favorite rental house; I doubt anyone would rent you a car on an IDP.
    My mum rented a car for 2 days on an IDP when she visited me. The guy who took the details didn't bat an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Yes, I know a few jets that lease, but I'm not sure how much you might owe if you have an accident.
    Most people in my area rented cars. It was 3man/month including insurance and they were generally new models, with some even being brand new. If you had an accident (as many people did in my area) and it was your fault it cost 5man per car involved (including your own) and your insurance premium went up 2k per month. If you were involved in an accident that wasn't your fault it didn't cost you.
    Last edited by Easy_money; July 20th, 2014 at 14:23.
    Ok, picture a mind.... Now flay that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mothy
    You're the best thing to happen this year.